Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Fitting late-spec stalks to early G60

Hey all,

I have managed to get hold of some 94 / 95 late-spec VR6 stalks. Has anyone fitted these into their early-spec G60 and if so would they be able to tell me how to go about doing it ? Is there any modifications needed to the switches or surrounds and do qall the functions work? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Fella,

th only thing you hae o worrry about is the hazards switch. You have to change itr ober from the old to the new. Apart from that assembley id the reverse of disassembley. :-P You can use the dasah surround plastics from the new car and this will work with the new switche.,

Fella,

th only thing you hae o worrry about is the hazards switch. You have to change itr ober from the old to the new. Apart from that assembley id the reverse of disassembley. :-P You can use the dasah surround plastics from the new car and this will work with the new switche.,

You don't have to change the hazard switch cause in mine I've got the later stalks but the early hazard switch. Don't ask me how it's done though, it was like that when I bought the car.

Ok,

So the hazard switch / bulb housing either needs to be changed to the early type to fit the early cowling or change the early cowling to a late-style one to accept the bigger hazard switch ? And what about the wires, do they just plug straight in to the plugs the early stalks use ?

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

I got new housings from the steeler and put my new style stalks on. The only problem i found was that the length of the cable from the late mfa switch ( the cable which runs down the right hand stalk) was shorter then the old style.

I got round it by cutting the old stalk cable about a foot from the connector and also chopped the connector off the new one then spliced the cable together using heatshink to seperate the four cables which are all different colours. This allowed me to the the connector on its orignal place and not have flopping arround inside the housing vibrating.

cable from the late mfa switch ( the cable which runs down the right hand stalk) was shorter then the old style.

thats probably because it wasnt from a corrado.

i've done this and it is possible with no modifications cant remember if the hazard switch is attached to the stalk, dont think it is

dude what you have to do is strip the two indictor stalks down, quiet easy, just a couple of screws and clips- they break fairly easy, but don't worry if you break a few. Once you have the units open, you have to remove the stalk from the boss/hazzard and do the same to the other... simply fit the later stalk to the early boss. job done.

Or if you wanna do it properly have a look on e-bay from late spec barrell plastics.

Hope this helps