Sign in to follow this  
whiteee

Electric windows...

I have bought some second hand electric window regulators and loom - now have some switches...

how do i go about fitting these to my 1990 1800 16v? Do i need an ecu? I have 2 switches that i wanted to fit on the centre console - not in the door cards!

I don't think many people will have had to do this mod as most C's came with e/windows. Might be worth having a look at an aftermarket kit, although I doubt there is one for the C so you'll prob have to mod a mk2 golf kit

HTH

all the wiring for the loom should be there, take your door cards off and look. plus the electric window ECU goes in the rear, so you need to remove the rear drivers side trim to get at the wiring.

cheers dude - would i be right in guessing u mean lhd drivers side? and you reckon the loom should be in the doors and i jus plug it in?

if not i need someone who has stripped car who knows where it plugs into the fusebox or similar?

whiteee,

I wouldn't worry about the wiring thats quite simple i wouldn't bother with the control module just use the switches this is what i did in my mark2 worked a treat. If you put the swiches where the passenger and the driver can reach you don't need more than 2 switches.

What i would worry about is the fact the corrado winders are riveted in to the door meaning you will have to drill these out and either re rivet them in to bolt them in.

I am in the same situation as you but i ve done the wiring just need to fit the mechanisum