Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Quick question VR6 oil pipe from Sump

Where does this connect to? Its the one on the outside of the sump on the left as you look at the engine from the front.

Mega :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nope, its on the sump, to the left of it about 2 feet of hose connected via jubilee clips. In between the chassis leg and sump itself

There aren't any hoses on the VR6 sump itself and the engine breather is on the rocker cover. A pic would answer this in a matter of seconds I reckon.

After an hour and a half of messing with my BAS***D XP box, I have managed to extract the photo onto my 98 machine. Paint on that machine doesnt save into Jpeg format, so transferred to XP box and edited it. As you say kev.........

A pic would answer this in a matter of seconds

The engine came out of a highline 1997. I cant find it on ETKA, or the bentley. It looks like a breather of some sorts.

I've just posted it onto the VR6 Owners club site to see what that turns up. Thanks for trying.

i reckon you auto vr used to be turbocharged and its the return pipe. :lol: :lol:

buy the way what fitting is on the other end ?

Thanks Darren, nail on the head. The car the engine came from was Supercharged for a while. As I never disconnected it, I didn't know where to connect it!!!!! Its getting a new sump at the next Oil Change, so I guess capping it off is the way forward.