Sign in to follow this  
KarmannVR6

VAG-COM needed in Birmingham area!

Anyone got vag-com in the birmingham area?

Ive had my corrado a year now and recently put it in for its MOT. The tester failed it due to the abs light not working. Turns out the git who had it before me took the bulb out. As ive never had a car with abs before i didnt notice it. :oops:

Got a new warning light from the stealers (£43!) and it passed. However the second i hit 15 mph the light comes on. :roll:

The long and the short of it is i cant track down the problem. I,ve swaped the ecu with one known to be ok. Replaced relays and tested all sensors with a multimeter (all read 1.4k ohms). Nothing seems to solve the problem.

Can anyone help?

Sounds like the differential lock valve as a guess, or it's certainly ABS pump related if all the electricals have been checked and replaced. Did you replace the pedal position sensor in the brake servo too? They're prone to going aswell at around 90K.

Any premature activation of the pump at low speeds?

Does the pump work at all in fact? Have you tried any emergency stops in the wet?

And yes, taking the bulb out of the ABS warning light is how people sell a car with an ABS fault - A holes!

Ive tried emergency stops in the wet and the wheels lock so i guess the pump isnt activating.

Havent replaced the pedal postition sensor yet, thats the next step but i thought id try and get the fault codes read before i spend any more money.