Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Which Uprated Rear Engine / Gearbox mounts for G60 ?

Hey all,

Does anyone know which uprated rear and gearbox mounts are available for the G60 and at a decent price ? Front one is not a problem as I have one already :) I heard that Mk2 Golf Diesel ones are supposed to be good for the gearbox one (same fit and are pretty solid) and are available at good price but need to confirm. It's really the rear one that would be a problem as don't really want to spend £150 on one :?

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

The solid transission one is 357 199 381C and is available from GSF for about £10

The rear one is just a mk2 part, I think VT do an uprated one for about £75

Ok have another problem. Apparently, according to TSR catalogue the Mk2 Golf has two different rear engine mounts, a RH (£140-£150) and a LH one (£75-£82). Is this true and is this the same for the Corrado G60 ? If so which should I buy if I want to keep the new manifold I have away from the steering rack, as hardly any clearance as it is i.e knocks under load. And is it still worth getting the Mk2 Golf diesel solid gearbox mount as well ?

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

The Mk2 Diesel Golf ones are a few mm shorter than the standard part and I'd imagine that any uprated one would be the same. TBH, the diesel one is solid rubber anyway, so the VT one isn't going to be much stiffer.

Either way, they will still be much stiffer than the viscous one that's on there from the factory.

Yeah, I know about this but my question was, is there actually two rear engine mounts used on the Corrado G60 and if so which one should I replace with Mk2 Golf Diesel or VT ? (or both ?). I thought there was only 3 used in the G60, the transmission mount, the front mount and one single rear mount ? Will probably end up getting a Mk2 Golf transission mount and a VT rear one (if better than Mk2 Golf Diesel) if they are single mount and not two mounts as listed in TSR catalogue,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

From what I understand there are 3 mounts in total Struan - 1 at the front and two at the rear.

You should drop a PM to Tempest off the forum - he recently replaced all three on his G60 - sure he is happy to tell which ones he got, part numbers, etc.

Ok,

Did he replace them with OEM parts or uprated ones ? Will PM him if no-one knows. Also this means that in fact there are 4 mounts. Two at the rear, one at the front and the gearbox mount.

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Ok,

Did he replace them with OEM parts or uprated ones ? Will PM him if no-one knows. Also this means that in fact there are 4 mounts. Two at the rear, one at the front and the gearbox mount.

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

No no, there are definitely 3. The front mount, the rear mount and the rear/gearbox mount.

Tempest replaced the front with a Vibratechnics (courtesy of Stealth Racing) and the rears are brand new OE ones. He did a bit of reading up on some german forums and this was decided to be a pretty good all round setup for G60's.

My front VT mount needs refilling apparently so gonna do that and get new rear OE mounts as well in the not too distant future.

i think he means the big rubber block on the subframe at the back of the engine

if you mean the big square lump in the middle thats bolted to the chassis, its solid metal and is supposedly some kind of vibration damper

thats the one, usually covered in some kind of grime, etc, the kind you just dint want to be in contact with :lol:

Right, so there is 4 mounts then. Two on back of engine (one of which is vibration damper), the front engine mount and the gearbox mount, makes a total of 4.

So, in reference to my original question according to TSR catalogue the Mk2 Golf has two different rear engine mounts, a RH (£140-£150) and a LH one (£75-£82).

Which should I buy if I want to keep the new manifold I have away from the steering rack, as hardly any clearance as it is currently less than 5mm away from the steering rack and when you put power down the back of engine moves sufficiently to allow the manifold to hit off the steering rack i.e knocks under load.

I don't want to damage either the manifold or steering rack so what do people suggest ? I already have a solid front mount (courtesy of JMR) and I intend on replacing both rear mounts and gearbox mount with Mk2 Golf Diesel ones (am also looking for the part numbers of all three Mk2 Golf diesel mounts, gearbox and two rear ones, if anyone knows offhand ?) if they will fit and are as good as people suggest when compared to extortionately priced Vibratechnics ones.

I have attached some pics above of the mounts I can find in the TSR catalogue.

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

The RearRH one in those pics is the one that Supercharged and I were talking about.

The part numbers are:

VAG: 191 199 381A

GSF: 31145

Can't help you on the others :D