Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Dead Saxo !!!!!

Hi, I have a problem with my g/f's Saxo. Its a '01 1.5 Diesel and not knowing anything about diesel cars im a bit stuck, last night it took a bit longer to start but fired up and went ok but this morning i noticed that the pre warm up lamp on the dash didn’t come on and the car will turn over but not start. I have checked all the fuses and there fine.

Its still under warranty with the garage that i bought it from so ive called them and he suggested that its the keyfob not turning the immobiliser off so i got a new battery for it and still no joy. He came up from the garage with another bloke and had a look and then tried jumping it off his jeep but nothing it just turns over on the starter and spits a load of smoke out.

He’s gonna get a flatbed to pick it up tomorrow and take it to a sparky but im just wondering if anybody on her might have a clue.

Cheers J

Something to do with the glowplugs possibly being shagged? Especially if the warm up lamp is staying on and not going any further..

even if the glowplugs were shagged it would still start just take s a bit longer,maybe something to do with the stop soleniod not working correctly cos this would'nt let it start,also could be the factory immobilizer mates just had to have his changed on a 53 plate saxo.

Something to do with the glowplugs possibly being shagged? Especially if the warm up lamp is staying on and not going any further..

The light doesnt come on at all !!!!!!!!!! :roll:

immobiliser i would guess. having the same problems on a mk3 golf td/ just gonna rip the alarm out and this will sort the problem

The light doesnt come on at all !!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Apologia.. I missed that part.

Ive just had the garge on thr phone and told me that the amp cable that i fitted to the car has drained the glow plugs of power!!!!!! and that it needs new relays because of this!!!!!!!!

Now the amp wiring kit has been fitted for over 3 months with no problems (and properly fitted) and how would it need new relays.

I think hes talkin bollocks anybody think hes right?

what a load of sh*te,if its drained the battery that much then how come it turns over.

To damm right.

He called back and said that we can go and pick up the car. When we got there he said that cos shes had alloys, amp/sub fitted that it voids the warranty and that she needs to pay £100 :shock: so she gave him £40 and said **** *** :lol: she only paid that cos she needs to get to work.

It was the warm up relay that had blown.

Got another prob now though she noticed as driving home that the speedo/rev counter and temp gauges arnt working at all only the fuel one god knows whats wrong with them but its gonna go back tomorrow to be fixed for free hopefully :lol:

it shouldnt matter if you had alloys and whatever fitted, so long as you havent modified the part which was faulty then it shouldnt make a difference!