Sign in to follow this  
spoier

G60 / VR6 Compression Test

Hi All,

I'm thinking about buying a Corrado (haven't decided on the G60 or VR6 yet) and I will do a compression check on whatever car I look at, but was wondering what the numbers should be. I know the important bit is less than 10% variation between cyls but a ballpark figure would be good...

I searched the archives and found this for the G60:

116-174psi

But I can't find the value for the VR6. Is the compression check procedure the same for other EFI cars (pull fuel pump fuse, run until car dies, then pull all plugs and check each cyl with wide open throttle). Is the fuel pump fuse clearly marked?

Now to dig up some information on common rust areas....

Thanks!

Skye

Not sure on the compression figures of the VR but it's CR is 10:1, so figures around 180+ should be about right....I think!

Ask Vince at Stealth Racing, he'll know for sure.

The only place I've seen Corrados rust is around the driver's side repeater and on the front driver's arch lip. The passenger side doesn't seem to rot!

You can get small amount behind the rear number plate trim where it clips into the metal work.

Other than that, Corrados seem to fend off rust quite well.

Kev

94 VR6

The only place I've seen Corrados rust is around the driver's side repeater and on the front driver's arch lip. The passenger side doesn't seem to rot!

You can get small amount behind the rear number plate trim where it clips into the metal work.

Other than that, Corrados seem to fend off rust quite well.

Kev

94 VR6

spot on there kev..........don't know :? how its never the n/s wing that rusts round the repeater

i went to view a g60 the other day, k reg, black, 116k, it was up for £3200 it had rust on all four arches and the sills, very unushall

My 16v is a 1990 and and has no rust or any signs of rust anywhere