Sign in to follow this  
g60Dazzaman

I've broken my speedo!

Oh Dear!

Christmas eve i was givin my Rado a bit of a bootfull down the A1M, you know what its like XK8 in front wont pull over so you start to flash him, he doesn't move over but instead puts his foot down, not one to back i also followed suit!

The speedo needle got stuck at 90 for ages, then shot forwards and started bouncing backwards and forwards. Shit!.............

I dont know what i've done? is it the speedo head thats broken? its the digital mileage readout head!

On top of that the XK8 left me for dust! :cry:

Unfortunately the XK8 will leave a lot of things for dust, including Corrados, especially if it's the 400bhp Supercharged version!

On your speedo, I'd say it's your sender in the gearbox on it's way out, quite common. About £30 to replace and 30 mins work.

Cheers Kev, Thats were i'll star then! see if my local dealer has got some lupo gti wipers whilst i'm there aswell!

I spotted a speedo head on ebay which is out of a VR. I am right in thinking that a g60 and VR speedo head's are the same?

Bloody Jags! :roll:

G60 and VR speedo's are different unfortunately and as far as I know its basically impossible to make VR (or later clocks in general) work on a G60. Shame because the later style clocks are a lot nicer!

The G60 one is different, about £15 from VW - check the wiring to it first, its just on top of the gearbox, you have to reach right over to get to it.

Cheers!

That would have been a perfect waste of time buying that then! your right though jim, the vr has got corrado written on it and everythin! i'll get a new sender and check the wiring! On the subject of wiring, have you had the headlight wiring loom upgraded? i did mine last week and WOW! i can see at night!!! as long as its not raining that is!

If you get stopped for speeding don't mention the fact yer speedo is gubbed!

Bit like shooting yersel in the foot!

Two offences there!