Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

rough running vr

after some evasive action on a country lane and gionig through a massive puddle my engine seems to be running a bit rough. immediately after the incident i had no power in any gear and the car was spluttering. afte rthat it started to sound like an old beetle engine. it finally cleared but felt really hesitant. now when cold it seems like it has developed a flatspot then clears its throat and pulls like a train as per normal. or am i being paranoid??

I'll put an ante of HT leads on the table, and see you a coilpack (which got wet) :D

I reckon it was along those lines but the coilpack is a fair old way from puddles though....hmmmm. Have you got an induction kit and no Carbon canister by any chance? You might have sucked a little water in.....

You need to jack the car up or get it on some ramps and have a look at the probe. It's wired into the exhaust just in front of the cat. Follow the wires up to the connection on the rear engine mount and make sure the wires aren't frayed, cut, shorting etc etc. The big splash might have got into the lambda probe's connection behind the engine although the plug has a water proof seal in it, so check that's there (orange).