Sign in to follow this  
robbo101

Fitting headunit

I am having trouble fitting my kenwood headunit into my corrado. It had a naff kenwood stereo fitted when i brought the car and have tried to fit a kenwood I removed from my last car. The problem is it will not go back far enough to lock into place and sticks out and looks cr*p. are there any problems with dimensions on the corrado or is somthing just not sitting right. I have tried severel times and have no luck.

The dimensions of the stero are

Installation Size (W x H x D) ..........................182 x 53 x 162 mm

should this fit or do I need to find a shorter stereo.

Cheers

Robbo :)

Welcome to the forum...

Without checking I assume that is a standard DIN size stereo, can you see if there is anything obstructing it going back? It is usually a bit of a fiddle getting the cables down and out of the way whilst pushing the unit back...

cables in the way of the metal braket??

give it a shove.... but make sure its got some room as they can get hot!!!!

Not much room behind the dash, but if you take off the under tray on the passenger side you can pull the wires through and sort them out from that end while pushing the HU in from the front.

has it got the locating pin on the back of the headunit?

is it a solid obstruction or does it feel springy like the cables are in the way?

Yeah space is tight in the C for stereos. It butts up to the heater cowling unfortunately which also shoves a lot of heat into the stereo over winter!

As the Hub says, you need to make sure all of the wires are pulled out of the way to minimise the obstruction. My Alpine only just fits in and it has a massive loom, so you should be OK getting the Kenny in.