Sign in to follow this  
vwfastg60

Newbe project pic post(lots of pics)

I have been looking over the forums on and off for a while now.I thought now was a good time to join. I figure i might as well post some pics of my project vr6 because its moving pretty quick right now.

Heres the basic rundown of what i have done so far...

I picked up the car dirt cheap the old owner had trashed it. when i got it there was alot of work to be put in to it. some one had broke the drivers window and trashed the dash and seats trying to stal the stereo. also the person who had done the work to the car just made it work. there were rollerblade bearings as spacers for the charger. hoses that wer spliced together. wires that were taped together. the car accually caught fire on the way home. the gauge pod on the piller shorted out and sparked a fire. after 2 years of having the car and it sitting i figured i would jump on it.

The headgasket was bad when i got it and never knew it cause they covered it up with stopleak.once failing emissions for the 3rd time the waterpump went and after the coolant flush it would no longer hold.so the motor was replaced within the first few months and it went down hill from there. heres the pics of the rebuild tho.

The car after lots of cleaning and the motor going back in...at this point i had added PSS9 coilovers lights and little things.

P3310076.jpg

P3310075.jpg

the new motor going in and the new color of choice

P3290069.jpg

how the car has sat for over a year now.inside but no changes

P4300001.jpg

audi a4 handles going in after i moved in to the new house

P8110067.jpg

HID and new euro headlights

P8110060.jpg

new wheels and the 90mmlip

PC020011.sized.jpg

PC020011.sized.jpg

Now to fit the wheels

PC170016.sized.jpg

PC170014.sized.jpg

The rear is still to come.

I also have a 90 g60 corrado that im going to be using as my daily driver. it is also getting a make over but as fast and not as big of one.

Enjoy and any comments would be great.

Russell

my g60

P9250016.sized.jpg

i think he is going to paint it some sort of purple - check out his engine bay pic

nice, I bet it shifts somewhat

VWfastG60,

Have you modified the arches yourself and those BBS rims look awesome, they must have wider rims on them than standard????

Wicked car..

I've already heaped praise on this guy on Vortex but i'm happy to do it here again. The white G60 which was destined for the scrapyard was bought for a bargain price and is currently getting rebuilt from the ground up - for that alone this guy deserves a pat on the back!

But that red Corrado looks awesome. I've said many times I just don't get on with those larger BBS wheels but with that deeper dish and huuuuge drop, that Corrado looks badass. Can't wait to see em both finished :)

with those larger BBS wheels but with that deeper dish and huuuuge drop, that Corrado looks badass

Nicely said jimbo!!! :D

Thanks guys,The wheels do have kodiak motorsports lips on them. to make them 17/9 and 17/9.5 from the standard 17/7.5. I am pulling the fenders myself and doing 90% of the body work on it myself.I was going to spray the car but im scared to.Im going ot have a friend of mine come and help me spray it or atleast watch over me as i do.

The color is going to be more of a purple blue color.

PC020016.sized.jpg

Lee you can message me anytime about the H.I.D's you have hepled me out alot...its the least i can do...it was simple and helped out more then i ever would have thought.

Thanks again guys

keep the pics rolling mate, I'm interested in the arch mods as I'm thinking of putting wider rims on my porsche splits and getting the arches flared, I want to lower mine more and I can't with the standard rims which are 8.5" wide, they have 195 rubber on them though at the moment...lol

What size tyres have you fitted?

Im running a 205/40/17 on the front and a 215/40/17 in the rear the fronts are 9 and the rear are 9.5. here are some more pics of the front fenders.

PC150002.sized.jpg

Before the bumper was heated to fit the fender

PC150002.sized.jpg

After heating

PC160007.sized.jpg

The rears are going to be harder after spending time yesterday looking at it i am going to split the inner and outer 1/4 pannel. Im goin g ot metal shape the outer just like i did the front. then im going to weld the inner up higher to allow the car to sil lower and get the tire up in the wheel well farther without rubbing issues. I want the car to sit low but not have to worry about rubbing. the fronts with the car lowered all the way down on pss9's i can turn the wheel all the way and drive with no rubbing at all.

Just another pic to add to the thread

P1010009.sized.jpg

The rears are going to be harder after spending time yesterday looking at it i am going to split the inner and outer 1/4 pannel. Im goin g ot metal shape the outer just like i did the front.

Just another pic to add to the thread

P1010009.sized.jpg

Think Jason had to cut my qtr panel to get the arches out too. your on the right track

Ben they are 205/40/17's not 195. Unless you have bought new tyres since you bought them from me.

oopps :oops: Sorry Jay, for some reason because of the mad stretch I always thought they were 195's, oh well....

It's nice to see somebody buy a heap and make something of it rather than getting something more tidy and leaving another Corrado to rot!

thanks guys i will post up some more pics when the fenders are done .Lets just say i changed them up a bit from those pics.I have gone a little wider then that and now should have less rubbing issues with the car loaded and the coils turned down. I have been welding all night and hope to have it all finished up tomorrow and ready for filler. I thought i was going to ned a new 1/4 for a while but i got it all worked out and i have my fingers crossed that it wil look as planned if not better.....

AS for interior i plan on a welchers cage after a few more months. but for now i redid the leather on the 1/4 pieces and doorcards. I added 6.5inch MB Quart seperates in the doors and 1/4's other plans are parcel trays and euro seatbelts as soon as i can one find the parts at a reasonable price and two come up with some extra cash or find some one that would love the US spec stuff :lol: Stereo plans also include 4 10'' subs the 4 6.5 seperates a set of 5.25 seperates the 4inch dash speakers (also seperates) and the 4/6 2ways in the stock location in the rear. I have all mbquart speakers and mp3 player is alpine same with the eq.My amps total 3300 watts for everything and there are 3 MTX thunder amps that will be running it all with power to spare.

Looking very sweet mate, your audio plans sound pretty impressive too, those MTX thunder amps have some serious grunt!

Good skills, and as someone has already said....PHAT!