Funkster

VR6 misfire under load (now sorted, cheers)

Ordered them too late to ship today, so will have them on friday.

Fingers crossed that this sorts it out!

Thanks,

--

Olly

B******s! Fitted my nice smart new Blue Igniters this evening, and it's still f*****g missing! Aaaargh!

Yes, I know, I should've listened and just bought the bloomin' coil pack.

Off to find a GSF on my lunch break tomorrow...

--

Skint Olly

New coil pack on, and 'tis running as sweet as a nut now. Note to self - next time listen to the nice people on the-corrado.net.

New coil was 115 + VAT from GSF. Including the HT leads and a few additional tools required for the job, sorting this out has relieved me of £250! Guess the lupo wipers will have to wait.

And just to put the cherry on top, my headlamp switch failed when I took it out for a spin. Hope I can repair the damn thing, 'cos I can't afford a new one yet :o)

Thanks for the support,

--

Olly

P.S. damn this thing is fast!

Not to start a new thread, I'll ask ithere... I'm having missfiring problem on my vr6 corrado too, especially under load.

My question is - can it be a poor/weak battery witch cause such problems?.. I'm mean maybe it doesnt give enough voltage for the spark?.. I've already changed plug wires, tested other coilpack, spark plugs were changed ~1000 miles ago, alternator was checked also...

Corrado was not driven for ~3-4 years, so I suspect week battery - after charging it it does start the car, though battery drains out pretty fast. Or should I check something else too?..

Thanks a lot guys, want to sort this out asap and enjoy my vr6 again... :)

Edited by Karoliz

A battery is just storage for when the engine's not running, once running the alternator should produce enough power to enable all the cars electrical systems to run even if you removed the battery completely.

this thread made me laugh with funksters last post, unlucky mate

karoliz has it been serviced since standing for 3-4 years? im presuming its not the same petrol in the tank?? :-)