Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

Boost Guage, not working

after fitting my boost guage, i have no boost recording on the guage,

just a quick check but you connect the boost guage to the purple (signal) wire coming from the lamba probe CORRECT????

i'm sure it's done properly but then also as some may have read about my performance problem, could i have no boost, although the charger makes a sound it honestly feels like a low comp 1.8 (i know, i have driven it before without the charger) and with the boost return removed theres no whoosh sound, am going to G-werks this week but really wanted the guage to be working, so i can see the difference, so anyone who has fitted the autometer (or other really) sport comp boost guage , please just direct me in the fitting so i can check again

many thanks

you connect a air/fuel gauge to the lambda probe and aa boost gauge to a vacum line behind the speedo unit

LOL, sorry reading other instructions for the air/fuel and wrote what i was thinking, so put the t-piece in the vac hose, where abouts any place special top bottem middle or shouldn't it matter,

T the boost gauge vacuum hose into an outlet on the inlet manifold. You can T it into the vacuum hose that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the inlet on the left hand side of the inlet or T it into the vacuum hose that goes from the brake servo to the middle of the inlet. If you have the boost return mod then I expect you have done away with the carbon cannister which will have left you with a spare entry point on the middle hose that goes to the inlet. Hope this helps

It still a decent place to T into the mfa vac hose that comes through the bulkhead??? I bloody hope so cos thats where mine is :?

The easiest place to T the boostline is the fuel pressure regulator. The vacuum line that leads to it basically reads the manifold pressure.

Under idle, the needle should be in the Vac area. The gauge would only show boost under acceleration.

Oettinger SLC, If you put a boost gauge take off there and then something goes wrong with the gauge or the pipework to it, you run the risk of melting your pistons due to underfuelling! :| It may be easy to plumb it in there, but it sure ain't safe...

Your best bet is to tap into the pipe at the back of the instrument cluster as if that leaks, you're not gonna mess up the fuelling as much and risk damage to your engine... (ANY vacuum leak on a G60 will mess up the fuelling/timing)