Sign in to follow this  
g60Dazzaman

G60 judders on pull away and always crunches third gear

My G60 had a new clutch two months before i bought it in july so i kinda ruled out the new clutch theiry but.... she always judders on pullaway, always crunches into third even though the clutch pedal is on the deck and lastly when seeing off those small french cars that seem to be the bane of my life at the moment! changing gear at high rev see's the clutch pedal sticking halfway on its return to the top! I saw that its hydraulic so could this be the master cylinder? slave cylinder? or simply air in the system? its beginning to get annoying!

It does eventually come back to the top generally 10secs after i change gear! and what is with those idiots in small french cars trying to race a rado??!!! :roll:

Cheers Darren,

I kinda guessed that it would either be that or the master cylinder, i'll give it a poke and a prod!

I'll be in touch with you soon, probably the beginning of feb, for a charger workover! :D

also have a good look at the pipe which feeds the slave cylinder (the one with the coil of pipe in it) as I've seen a few of these which have either sprung a leak or gone porus in the last couple of months... :|

did you have the just the clutch changed or the pressure plate too?

if your clutch was juddering before you had it changed it may have a warped pressure plate or maybe even a damaged flywheel?

Sounds like the clutch was not changed properly.Some companys only change the clutch plate and leave the rest to save money.Might need to drop it to take a look at it.

Argh, my car judders when engaging the clutch, i really hope i don't need a new clutch too.....begining to think that i bought a shed!!

Also make sure that the pedal isn't catching on the under-dash panelling when it returns. I had this once...

Who did the clutch and what make did they use, you can get unipart clutches that fit a G60 but they can't handle the power, a mate ate one up in 6k's with a fairly standard stage 4 G60...