Sign in to follow this  
VR6_Pete

Outside Temperature Display

On my MFA computer the outside temperature display suffers from an intermitant fault I think - It only seems to work some of the time. Usually, the MFA just skips from Oil Temp to the Time. And when it is working if you leave it on the ext.temp reading, it will disappear again within a few minutes...

Has anyone else suffered from a problem like this? It's not exactly a big problem, but I would like fix it if i can...

Also can someone tell me where the sensor is, so I can try and check its wiring...

Cheers,

Pete.

from what i remember if you remove the sensor the reading get bypassed, i.e. as if it was never there.

so that could be a clue that your sensor has a loose connection.

G60Jet, yup, spot on mate! 8) Sounds like you've got either a loose plug or a damaged wire VR6_Pete... The wires normally get damaged by the sensor itself or as the wires come through the chassis leg and into the enginebay... ;)

Cheers Chaps!

I thought it was probably a loose connection - I just hope that it's at the sensor end, and not somewhere inbetween!!

Cheers.