Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

20v T into a 2.0l 16v......

Again, BiggerBigBen is your man. He's got a 360 degree IHI on his 4x4 1.8T. Circa 360bhp IIRC. I have no idea what the 360 degree bit means! I think it's some kind of roller bearing instead of sintered bronze bushings that Garrett Turbos use.

If anyone's got any info. regarding different turbo bearings I'd like to read it. My mate is always running on about 360 degree thrust bearings and such like but he really doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

20v turbo,

Just check and your right matey.. 20 mm wrist pins on the agu .. i've forgotten all the sixes as i've uprated my piston and conrods

agu is the way to go

Going to do the conversion (using AGU lump) and leave the turbo as standard for now, only difference will be a much bigger intercooler 8) Would expect to gain a lot from using a larger intercooler over standard?

How much of a ball ache would changing the turbo at a later date be? Would I need to get another downpipe from the larger turbo than the standard one :?:

TBH, i rekon it wouldnt be too much!, the only issue is getting to it and the ecu map

If anyone's got any info. regarding different turbo bearings I'd like to read it. My mate is always running on about 360 degree thrust bearings and such like but he really doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

If you can get your head round this (near the bottom), it will answer your question!

http://www.timken.com/products/bearings ... culate.asp

But from what I can gather, a "360 degree thrust bearing" is nothing more than a common or garden single row roller bearing! It would therefore appear to be a buzz word in turbo worlds....

Ok, so who does a remap for the standard management? Not an off the shelf jobby, but a rolling road re-map (if that is possible)? Stealth?