Sign in to follow this  
don

active spoiler

hello

i'am having difficulties with rear spiler, i was working on the central locking system and to get to the junction for 2 front doors i had to remove the fuse box, did not disconnect any wires just moved it to side, since than the spoiler only goes up mnaually.

any clues of how to check if anything has fallen out or is broken?

thanks

I've had the same problems since I removed my fuse box aswell. Haven't found the cause yet. The spoiler control relay is directly above the fuse box behind the dash, maybe pulled the connector out somehow? Blue wire behind the stereo is often mentioned as a cause aswell, although hopefully someone can give more info as I haven't traced that yet either.

found the relay no problem but it all works fine no burns or wires out will poke and prode, thought german cars meant to be reliable. :mad:

I thought the same until I bought a Corrado. Have basically given up having a fully functional car. Don't use the sunroof for fear of it going wrong (which it will), manually use the spoiler now, heater controls only give full air or nothing, coolant leaks, intermittently working lambda so mpg goes from 10mpg to 25mpg.... All off the top of my head, probably plenty more :(

Anyway, back to topic. Does anyone know where this blue wire signal comes from? I thought the control relay takes in an analogue speed signal, and the circuit then activates the spoiler at a certain speed given by some internal resistor values. Is the blue wire the analogue signal which goes to the control relay, and then behind the stereo for that speed / volume conpensating feature some have?

thought german cars meant to be reliable. :mad:

LOL...they are generally but it's a perception thing. VW marketed the Golf as being mega reliable in the 80s (If only everything in life was as reliable as a VW) and the image has stuck ever since.....whether it be true or not!