Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Chip and Pulley

A BIG THUMBS UP FOR DARREN AT G-WERKS

Just had chip, pulley, boost return and full service and i have got a real beast of a car.

Pulls hard all throught the rev range.

Sat at 70 all the way home and was getting around 32 Mpg :) (Thats with some nice little bursts.) Without the chip and pulley and service i got 21 mpg on the way to G-werks :(

Me very :)

Had a great day cheers

Beavisjem

the MFA works from a predeturmined calculation. any changes to fueling/injector size wont be reflected by the MFA. dont trust it.

what you have now is more timing more boost =more fuel

Alas the MFA lies through its teeth.

I quite contentedly smile to myself on the motorway when I see I am knocking on 35MPG but if at absolute best I can only get about 400 miles from a full tank of the go juice (and thats a 15 gallon tank) i'm clearly getting only 26MPG.

I didnt realise the MFA had preset variables so this explains the huge discrepancy.

mine reads 12 all the time at the moment but i bet my bottom dollar that it reads different if i disconnect the battery and reconnect.

SNS chips rule. not much more to say on that. mine manages to snap the engine mount and the top bolt yesterday anyway.

mine reads 12 all the time at the moment but i bet my bottom dollar that it reads different if i disconnect the battery and reconnect.

I doubt that would make a difference, sounds like you have a leak in the pipe that feeds the MFA...

I doubt that would make a difference, sounds like you have a leak in the pipe that feeds the MFA...

I doubt it will be that simple - leaking vacuum pipe will cause the MFA to over-read, 99.9mpg is the usual. Sounds more like a partially blocked pipe or electronic fault.

I doubt it will be that simple - leaking vacuum pipe will cause the MFA to over-read, 99.9mpg is the usual. Sounds more like a partially blocked pipe or electronic fault.

I dunno, one of mine actually came off and the MFA started reading 13MPG the whole journey which I assumed was getting from atmosphere pressure