Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Tailgate Sping thing

The screwy on bit has come off out the hole, and im wondering how to reattach it. Ive tried araldite, but its not strong enuf!

Any sugestions?

dunno, my new C has the same problem (big hole instead of [technical name] springy thingy [/technical name] :roll: ) I hadn't realised just how much use that springy thingy actually IS... :|

Louie Lungbubble, the springy thingy in the bottom of the tailgate which lifts the lid by an inch or so when you press the open button... ;)

You should NEVER try to fix/modify the gas rams/struts unless you have a death wish... :|

:shock: :shock: amazing what you learn on here, I'd often wondered what that was

The threaded collar inside the tailagte has broken, you'll have to replace the whole lot.

thnx kev. when u say the whole lot, u dont mean the whole boot lid do u? coz that wud suck.

Looking at ETKA i assume u mean VAG part no's:

• 535 827 761 (Fastener)[/*:m:e8726]
  • 905 814 01 (plug)[/*:m:e8726]
  • 535 827 765 (threaded plate)[/*:m:e8726]

The thing with that is that all those parts I have and they look 100% aok.

the assister in question is about 7quid from the stealer if i remember correctly. mine broke and its a pain in the arse trying to lift the tailgate without it!!

ok ive sussed it. The bit thats broke off the "fastener" made such a clean brake, u cant see where its broken!!!

I'll go get a new one from Wayside parts in MK in the mornin. Cheers 4 help guys.

Happened to me in my valver - heard something rolling about in the back and when I opened the boot there was black plastic rod with a spring as there black collar had broken. I just left it - does it actually do anything?

mine just had a bung in the hole and when i replaced the boot the new one had a spring assistor, very handy for the remote boot release