Sign in to follow this  
retrodal

CORRADO SUNROOF TIPS.........

Hi all, thanks for all the advice on my potential purchase of my very first corrado on Sunday.

Looking through mountains of threads it seems that the sunroof is a problem. The good thing is, the one I am seeing works fine...I'm told!

Any tips on how to keep it that way....

Cheers folks

Retrodal

Cheers for that, fingers crossed the rest of the car is OK. Sounds a good one, mileage is a little concren 130k but one owner and full history.

yeah crappy thing bust when i was "showing off" full closeure, windows went up fine the the sunroof just made a noise and smoked!

dont worry about the mileage mate, ull be fine if the car has been looked after!

Smokin!!!!! what I nightmare. Was it expensive to sort out? or does it just tilt now

Thanks for comments on mileage. Supercharger was recon at 120k. anything I should look for?

still not got the sunroof sorted as its now winter and no need for it, had it serviced in november and vw asked for £245 to fix it! LMAO, can get it done chep tho if u look around!

things to look out for are the door handels! poo! and the lights switch which is £53 from stealers, as i have said before the corrado does not really have a lot of big problems but a sh1t load of little ones IMO. But then thats what come with having what i would call a non mass production car.

How come the BMW rockwell sunrooves don't break then?

P.S The rolled eyes was directed at Rockwell International for the POS mechanism they designed for the C.

OK, opinion:

My sunroof currently tilts no probs, but wont slide at all. From fully tilted, it gets to the closed position then stops. I quite fancy taking it apart and having a look to see if I can fix it, the thing is I hear horror stories of them getting stuck mid-slide, or worse still coming off the runners and putting scratches all over the top. Should I just think myself lucky that mine tilts and leave well alone?

Big-ted mine tilt's okay but wont slide back properly when operated with the motor,but it will go back if you wind it back manually with the handle. just another job to do but i'm going to wait until the summer..