Sign in to follow this  
jimbobbalooba

Given in..... and bought a G60!

The journey begins. Having been a mate of Andi's for a few years now and having seen his VR6 just too many times i've finally given in and bought a Corrado. I'm gonna mod it to a degree, probably more cosmetic than performance but i'm easily persueded :?

Firstly it's needs a complete overhall, it's ropey but i'm not in a rush (It's not my only car!). I want to keep the cost down and do as much work as i can myself. I'm not foreign to this and have had a couple of Golfs in the past but would appreciate any tips on what i should do first really. I just keep looking at it and smiling, such a kid.

Look forward to hearing from all you lot.

Cheers

Jim

Ah ha, so your the sneaky mother that put there deposit down for this over the telophone then! :lol:

I rang up about this car literally a couple of hours after appeared on the autotrader website only to be told by a very smug sounding salesman that it was already provisionally sold :shock: ....Oh well :lol:

Good that its gone to an enthusiast. So whats it like then mate? Worth the money?

i wasn't sure whether to put down the deposit but i thought what the hell, they were getting ten calls an hour about it!!

It's not bad, having the charger rebuilt and stage 4'd in the next couple of weeks but is running ok, needs tlc. Rear Q-panel is damaged and i'll have to replace rather than fix and the bumper was damaged at the same time by the looks of it.

Its a dog in all honesty but i was looking for a project car for the summer so it's idea. I wouldn't be a car i could use straight away, its been standing for a while and i don't trust those tell-tail perishings on the visable belts in the engine bay.

I'm gonna be putting up some pics as i do stuff but for now the autotrader one is all i've got.