Sign in to follow this  
martyjmcfly

Turn2 (USA) Cold Air Intake (CAI) system for the VR6

Hello all,

Does any one know if there are any importers of the mentioned kit from the USA as boys Green Bay Packers and New York Giants don't want to sell me theres' direct!

I really want to get my hand on one - if you don't know what i'm talking about check it out on there website http://www.turn2usa.com

The product is specifically for the VR6

The kit extends the performance air filter into the carbon filters cavity. The carbon filter is repositioned.

If know one knows of any stockists is there a similar product on the market?

Cheers chaps

Head over to the Corrado Forum on the VW Vortex (http://www.vwvortex.com) - i'm sure you could find plenty of American Corrado owners who would be glad to help you out by acting as an intermediary!

Just order one direct from Turn2.

Jim there knows how to mark the packaging to avoid customs duty.

Hi and thanks to your replies!

I could order one direct but they won't answer my question based emails.

I don't know what the shipping costs are for one, and there's a strange air pump attachment. What the hell is the air pump thingy?

Also what importance is the charcoal filter to the running of the motor? Can it be removed like the guy on ebay selling his one suggested or is he just crazy?

Yeh, you can delete the carbon can, or just relocate it. Think they have an option on the Turn2 filter for a small breather filter to go on the carbon can hose.

Carbonio or Turn 2? Who knows - probably the same except Turn 2 offers relocation of the carbon can. I don't think the carbonio does? Relocation of the carbon can in my mind is the best approach i.e don't cut things off that were designed to be there!?

Hey Pablo, was it easy to install? Where the instructions sent with the kit good enough to show where and how to relocate the carbon can or is it just because you are lazy? Is it worth buying? And did you buy it direct from Carbonio?

There is that enough to send you to sleep!

bought direct from USA - even paid by paypal. my mate also got one for his 330Ci.

the instructions are pretty good but Id no intention of relocating the can.

Just a word of warning mate, i ordered a turn2 CAI for my VR6 in August last year, still waiting for it!!! They took the money straight away as well. Sent loads of emails and tried ringing no answer to any of them. Its as if there not in business any more!!

Maybe PhatVR6 could check things out via his contact and see if it's business as usual now?

I know the guy that runs Turn2 was having some problems.