Sign in to follow this  
ANDY16V

6 x 4's ... which fit best?

i've read somewhere on the site that alpine xe4625s fit in the rear without any alteration and that the gto version do the reason im asking is that i'd like to keep the JBL theme thru out but if i have to butcher my interior i wont.... cheeers

I bought an amazing set of 6x4's for my install. Lanzar Neo's - Perfect fit with no alteration and provide amazing fill in sound!

Sorry thought I posted the price. They were £100. They were quite pricey in comparison but they are fantastic quality and I would recommend them everytime!!!

I've just fitted some MB Quart - plastic underneath the side panel needed trimming to allow room for the magnet - great improvement in sound and only £26 plus P+P

The only thing with trimming the plastic back is you cut away the strengthening ridges and this can start to lead to vibration in the panel and your speakers not performing the way they should. I looked at this before fitting my Lanzars when I purchased Infinitys.

Just depends on what results you are after, I have a fairly major install in my car and didn't want to spoil it by cutting back the panels

If you're interested, I have a set of Pioneer 6x4"s, 90W rated, (I think!) 2 ways, going spare. iirc they were around £90 when I bought them. They sounded great in my Polo but I was loathe to give them to the insurance company when they came to collect the car! :lol:

If your interested in the Lanzar Neo's they are on the Lanzar site here:

http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?model=NEO46%2E1

SPECS

Standard 4'' x 6'' Size Fits OEM Cut-Outs

Special Blue Poly Injected Cone

Non-Fatiguing Butyl Rubber Surround

High Temperature Voice Coil

High Density Neodymium Magnet

1” Titainium-Neo Tweeter

Power Handling: 110 Watts RMS/220 Watts Peak

Frequency Response: 85-20k Hz

Impedance: 4 Ohms

And are available from Car Audio Centre for £90. + £10 Delivery

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... duct=19259

I will vouch for there quality, simply excellent! Better RMS power handling than any others I have found so far and the sound quality is excellent. Obviously I use them for fill in sound in the rear not as full on pumping speakers as that is not what they are mean't for at this size.

But the magnets are small meaning they fit in the limited space and no need to chop any plastic back.

But the magnets are small meaning they fit in the limited space and no need to chop any plastic back.

Did the little holes around the speakers match the location of the screws the factory speakers used?

Did the little holes around the speakers match the location of the screws the factory speakers used?

Perfectly!!

Sam - anybody would think you were a salesman.. :lol:

Strange that! :lol: :lol: