Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

URGENT help needed

Where has the problem bit gone off the site?

Any way my car has a flat battery mate and i tried to push start it yesterday to no avail, the car has ended up in a doggy part of my area and i dont want to leave it there, so i got another frind to jump start me.

The immobiliser will not switch off and the car will now not start!!!!!! the alarm just goes mad! i have disconnected the battery to try and reset everything but still nothing!

Any ideas people i could really use some help here! thanks

just done a search again and found some stuff, i think its the battery by the sounds of things, but i was under the impression if your taking poewer from another car it wouldnt make a difference if your bat was dead?

Hm.. if you are getting a power feed / jump from another car the state of your battery shouldn't matter too much? Do you have some kind of override key for the immobiliser?

Quick word of advice though.. whatever you do DONT push start a VR6. I'm not sure on the technical reasons but its come up a lot on here before and its generally a bad idea!

Thanks, i have just seen about why not to jump a VR6, wont be trying it again!

Ok this is exactly what is happening.

1) get into car and try to turn it over, nothing happens but for a small faint lighet from one of the LED's

2) jump starting, as soon as the leads are connected the alarm starts to sound, pressing the key fob has no effect at all, turning the key, all the lights come on as they should but it wont turn over - alarm still sounding

3) disconected battery as this has helped before, but still the same 1 & 2

4) i did think about using the immobiliser key but its not kept in the car, but reading some other peoples thoughts, if the lights are comming on the immob is not the prob, how true this is i dont know!

I don't know if you've solved this, but could it be your ignition switch? Try running a length of wire directly from the battery to the starter motor (with the keys in and turned one click), and see if it turns over.Good luck!

Tom

Right guys, the alarm will still not go off! and just my luck i cant fine the key for the immobi!!!!! i am really at a loss as to what to do now!!!! i cant get it to a garage and i dont really want to have to pay for someone to come out!

any ideas please?

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I agree with jimsG60 about not push-starting your car, not sure if there are further reasons related to the VR6, but you should never try to push-start a car fitted with a catalytic convertor.

Mine did this the other day, try the battery conectors, one of mine came lose. A shift tap with a hammer and it fired straight up.

If it's a clifford alarm I might be able to give a you a tip, just PM. It was given to me when mine Fukt up. It then got ripped out!

godskitchen, with the alarm sounding try opening the bonnet, hold the fob near the siren, then hold the button down for about 5-10 seconds.

Joe M, tried that, just had the AA man out, his first thought was to try the same.

Anyway, we tried all we could think of and then he took the fuse out for the alarm/immobi and bang, starts first time, really dont know what the problem was cos we tried everything else to reset the dam thing!

Thanks for all the advice people, ill put this one down to another bit learnt baout the wonderful workings of the corrado!