vr6storm

my near "perfect storm" (vr6storm)

Nice work Mate, Car's looking great, with a nice subtle selection of mods keeping the storm original look though. :D

Great too see the dials in too, I think you have got the last set cause i have never heard no more about the ones i have had on order since before xmas.

IMO those aux gauges should have been fitted as standard on the VR - they look so great! The very first mod I did to my C was this aux instrument pod - expensive but worth it. Have stocks been exhausted now then mate?

Asim

yeah AFAIK,cos Emax(Euan Maxwell) had his on order about the same time as mine and he was told they were out of stock and that VW were going back to the manufacturer (VDO) to see if they would make up another batch........though AFAIK VDO said no :cry: interestingly enough the "build" stamp on my set indicates a December 93 date :shock: :shock: :shock:

but totally agree with you there Asim,they should have been a standard fitment,though think they were maybe a Factory option???????? but imagine the price didnt justify it........it was only after crazymarcel's first couple of posts here saying that the $tealers were selling them "cheapish" that spurred me on to get mine cos they were pretty hard to get from GPC too

jeepers,hadn't realised that this was last updated 5+years ago :shock:

a lot has certainly happened in that time,what with me having a bereavement,selling 2 houses then moving house,buying a 993,voluntary severence and going self-employed in that time life has been a tad hectic and I'm afraid the Storm has suffered the most :shock: ,in fact from being Mot'd in Jan 2008 til I had it Mot'd again this year in April it had only done 200 miles between tests :shock: ,certainly keeps its mileage down(just under 80k from 38k in 8 years of ownership) being self-employed and having the use of my 993 as well as the wife's Freelander 2,oh and of course my E-class taxi,tho this has managed 55k in just over 12 months :lol: but the Storm is hopefully going to get a lot of time and money spent on it in the next few months,as I'm going for a full respray to address some minor rust issues and general wear n tear and so that the paint is uniform,these are some of the last pics I had of it,taken about 2 years ago

01ek2.jpg

a2gon-1.jpg

since then it has had a pair of biege Recaro's fitted(robbed off a VR6 I bought then sold soon after swapping the seats and speedlines over),the RX2's have been sold on and its currently wearing the speedlines from the aforementioned VR6 donor car(which tbh Ive always preferred to the standard fit solitudes),these will be replaced with a set of gold centred genuine BBS LM's once the paintwork has been attended to hopefully in the next few weeks

Dude, how long does it take you to type your posts and put the word Storm in bold AND red AND italics!

Car's alright, too :wink:

You thread name hijacker!

Liking the photos mind, got a real moody feel to them. Just googled LM's and they look good! 8)

Good luck with the re-spray etc...jealous your other ride is a 993 too!

Dude, how long does it take you to type your posts and put the word Storm in bold AND red AND italics!

Car's alright, too :wink:

2 secs to do,been doing it since I started on the forum,possibly when you were still in short trousers :p :dorky:

:lol:

You thread name hijacker!

Liking the photos mind, got a real moody feel to them. Just googled LM's and they look good! 8)

Good luck with the re-spray etc...jealous your other ride is a 993 too!

OI! I was here first :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers the pics were taking by a guy I know who is a bit of a dab hand at capturing mean n moody shots

tbh tho the RX's are just as good looking and are more manageable to keep clean IMHO,but genuine LM's are a bit rarer

LOL @ Boost Monkey! - when Roddy was a mod you'd get banned for that! :lol:

Can't believe he does it on the 911 forums too though :wink:

LOL @ Boost Monkey! - when Roddy was a mod you'd get banned for that! :lol:

Can't believe he does it on the 911 forums too though :wink:

too right I would have :hitler:

and its second nature now on all forums i use :dorky:

Oh was it. How long ago was this? I'm looking to come back to the corrado fold and I remember saying to Roddy that if he ever thinks of selling I would be interested.

Fairly recent, done think he is on here much anymore. Want me to see if I can get in touch, should still have his mob number?

Last Activity

4th February 2011

I spoke to Roddy not long ago and he would sell it. He wants a 635CSI but finding a mint one has been almost impossible. PM him.