vr6storm

my near "perfect storm" (vr6storm)

cheers for the comments guys :D :D

Dan,i'm not too sure about changing the rear lights now kinda like it looking original but with very subtle mods........also you won't be able to see the finish i have on the alloys from the pics but i'll try and get more detail soon....anyway when i got them refurbed recently i had them powder-coated with a silver-sparkle finish to them........which in bright sunlight gives them quite a glitter effect......IMHO looks damn nice 8) 8)

Looking at photo 'OKTOBER8.jpeg', I can see the wheels pretty well. Your car must look in showroom condition now. With the OE wheels & 50mm profile tyres the Koni coilovers are excellent in both performance & comfort, ... I found this out when I had my OE wheels on for a while (with the koni's) before getting my new 16's.

I think you should still consider some smoked FK's, just to finish her off. The good think about them is they're easily changed back to the originals.

Looking very cool m8

Looking at photo 'OKTOBER8.jpeg', I can see the wheels pretty well. Your car must look in showroom condition now. With the OE wheels & 50mm profile tyres the Koni coilovers are excellent in both performance & comfort, ... I found this out when I had my OE wheels on for a while (with the koni's) before getting my new 16's.

I think you should still consider some smoked FK's, just to finish her off. The good think about them is they're easily changed back to the originals.

Looking very cool m8

i wish it was in showroom condition :wink: but cheers for the compliment......anyway its needing a bit of a front-end re-spray to get as good as that i'm afraid.......though that should be sorted out by the end of this year along with a Kamei grille spoiler too :p .............i would love to change the wheels but thats one of the joys of owning a storm you kind of feel you have to keep the solitudes so that ppl know its one from a distance :wink: but then again the solitudes are quite a nice wheel anyway and of course 205/50/15's are a bit cheaper than 16's or 17's

i'm still undecided about the rear lights too i must admit but it'll be well at the bottom of my list regardless

anyway my next plan after the front-end re-spray is to do the callipers either silver or black which is better than the crummy brownish colour they are now........and then i'll have to maybe bite the bullet and get the driver-seat retrimmed as the re-colouring i had done in the spring isn't holding up too well

I hope we don't meet up very soon as my storm would look pitiful next to yours, anyway my MOT is due end of november I've had it checked over when i was getting new tyres, the front disks and pads are needing replaced, I was looking for some info on the disks that you put on your C,Where you got them and how much ?, I've been quoted for OE but I fancy something a bit different. Was it a local company that refurbished your alloys? how much did they charge?

I hope we don't meet up very soon as my storm would look pitiful next to yours, anyway my MOT is due end of november I've had it checked over when i was getting new tyres, the front disks and pads are needing replaced, I was looking for some info on the disks that you put on your C,Where you got them and how much ?, I've been quoted for OE but I fancy something a bit different. Was it a local company that refurbished your alloys? how much did they charge?

cheers mate........i'm sure yer storm isn't as bad as what you think......mine as i've mentioned before is needing some paint to the front(bumper/wings/bonnet/mirrors....and of course my new kamei grille spoiler 8) )

so its not as good "up close and personal" as what the pics maybe looklike.....though there is no Photo-chop involved :D

right the discs i have on mine at the front are Ate power grooves these are available from Euro-car-parts and are £27.50+vat ea and the Ate pads are only £15.25+vat and their glasgow branch normally has them in stock too..........Ate is an O/E supplier too so they are top quality and look a bit more expensive than original discs with their grooves....they also do seem to have a bit extra "bite" over the standard ones.....their only downside is your wheels get dirtier a bit quicker

i had my alloys refurbished at Coattech Coatings in Carnoustie......they powder-coated them using a "silver-sparkle" effect finish to them and i'm very chuffed with the way they look especially in sunlight........cost per wheel was approx £40-ish......IMHO money well spent

cheers for the info that is about the same price as i've been quoted for oe disks, so i think i will go for the ate disks, I'll need to get them done before the rolling road day

Got the disks and pads replaced today the disks look the dog's bollocks considering the price they are, I can certainly feel the difference in braking (that wouldn't be hard as my disks were fu**ed and the pads were just about down to the metal) :shock:, I noted in the thread that you modified your air box and are using a K&N filter panel, I was using the K&N filter panel in the standard air box wasn't very impressed, I changed it to a cone filter just for comparison I don't know about performance wise but it certainly sounds immence under acceleration :twisted: .I was thinking of modifing the air box and running some ducting to the underside of the front bumper. Before i start to destroy the air box, does the modified air box amplify the V6 rumble under acceleration?

DickDastardly,ess_three modded my airbox for me and i too just had the K&N panel filter and didn't notice any difference until my airbox was modded......anyway apart from the nice induction roar you should notice an improved throttle response....i did :wink: ...if you want on the RR-day i can "loan" you mine for you to see if you notice any difference :wink:

biggerbigben,thanks very much for the compliment,funnily enough i'm debating putting on a new driver's side wing(from mid-december) as there a couple of blisters coming through on the arch and around the side repeater(which seems to be a common place on the C).....but then again i imagine this is why you are after one too :wink: if i do decide to replace rather than repair are you still interested?

20v turbo,thanks also for your compliment,as for the ride with the Koni's around town it is abit harsher than the std set-up,but on A and B roads its very controlled and refined.......definately the best mod ive had done to the car

DickDastardly,ess_three modded my airbox for me and i too just had the K&N panel filter and didn't notice any difference until my airbox was modded......anyway apart from the nice induction roar you should notice an improved throttle response....i did :wink: ...if you want on the RR-day i can "loan" you mine for you to see if you notice any difference :wink:

Cheers for the offer I will take you up on that It would be good to see how you modified the box, I don't really want to start destroying mine if it doesn't make that rip roaring growl under acceleration

Cheers for the offer I will take you up on that It would be good to see how you modified the box, I don't really want to start destroying mine if it doesn't make that rip roaring growl under acceleration

no worries..........just make sure that you have your original airbox fitted for the day tho......makes it easier to swap over

That will take up some serious cleaning time as it is lying about in the back of my garage somewhere, I'll just have to stay of the drink on friday and make an early start on Sat mornin' :cry:

well eventually got my storm in for some paintwork to the front,bumper/bonnet/grille/wings and mirrors.....just stone-chips,minor scrapes and a wee bit of RUST!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: also treated the front to a kamei grille spoiler 8) .......anyway thanks to Skid for recomending an old mate of his who's damn good with the old spray gun and painting lark...........tho at his own speed.........well worth the wait IMHO...........so all i need now is to get my shrick fitted(pending) and have the front seats retrimmed or replaced with beige leather recaro's 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) (not so pending tho :( :( )

anyway hope you enjoy the pics :wink:

cheers Bojmobile,seanoVR,vr6corrado and of course Asim :wink: , much appreaciated................

anyway here's some more pics for your perusal :wink: ......this time including pics of my aux.guage panel which i managed to obtain from my local $tealer early on this year..........though seemingly i managed to get the last RHD one in the VW network.....also many thanks to crazymarcel and Henny for their help and input into it

IMO those aux gauges should have been fitted as standard on the VR - they look so great! The very first mod I did to my C was this aux instrument pod - expensive but worth it. Have stocks been exhausted now then mate?

Asim