Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

spluttering when wet?

should the g60 dizzy have an o ring mine seems to be affected by the wet at low revs ie no load like the dizzy is damp never misses a beat in the dry changed the cap but noticed no o ring?

no o-ring, but there should be a black plastic crud shield inside it under the rotor arm... 8)

Sounds to me like you've got a dodgy plug lead which is getting damp into it through broken insulation and earthing out when wet causing your mis-fire...

Make sure the plugs themselves are clean, especially the ceramic bits. Lift the bonnet if it's dark when the misfire happens. It'll probably look like Blackpool illuminations. You might be able to hear the spark leak too.

Gavin

the only other thing it could be is what happened to a mate of mine's mk1 g60, the lamda loom was damaged so in the wet it didnt run well at all at low revs and drank fuel

when at high revs the engine ran a lot better and also when the loom dried out it was fine.

worth checking as the problem sounds identical

cool ill check that is the lamda on the down pipe and does its loom plug into the ecu?
The probe loom plugs into a socket - just below the brake master cylinder, close to the driver's side engine mount