Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

:( help have some problems dudes (im back again) :( 2006!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i have had my rado for 6 months and have had lots of probs with her ,,,

she doesnt have allot of talk with more than one person in the car and i cant find a decent garrage to give me anny advice

this is my first car also so im new to what goes on under the bonet to some degree .... anny advice would be great ..... just came back from the supermarket and the power droped right down and the revs just wouldnt pick up ,,, got her home and lifted th bonet in the dark to find the bright red/white glow of the exaust manifold ---- this isnt good i thought so if you have anny ideas of what could cause this i would be extreaml greitfull,,,,, could it be simple or expensave? its a 2.0ltr 16v 93/94....

im not driving her untill i can make shure se wont sustain anny more dammage ..... pleeeeeezzzeeee helppppp ... thank you all [/b]

timing issue if your manifold is glowing!???

lose the neon`s dude!

you dont need `em a corrado will bring enough attention on its own!!!!!!!!!!

will i have caused any damage? is the timing easy to get fixed ?

i sort of agree about the neons lol......

will this encrease performance....

thanks for the reply ,,, this is my first post :oops:

morning guys, thanks for the imput on the neons (will be taken into concideration) ,,,,, how bad would it be to drive her 7 miles to a garrage today?,,,, could i break her? ... have i allready? :?: ps: this forum is tres bon :lol:

You'll be ok if you drive nice and steady. Avoid using high revs and keep the speed down by staying off dual carriageways.

I saw this once on a MK2 GTI, we had altered the ign timing when changing the cambelt, it was miles out. It drove really slow cos the timing was so far retarded(like me and my mate!!) that it was igniting the mixture in the manifold..

Gavin

is it easy to get fixed? , it may have been hapening for a while to a lesser extent so will it have done anny dammage do you think

is it easy to get fixed? , it may have been hapening for a while to a lesser extent so will it have done anny dammage do you think

Should be ok but I bet your exhaust manifold is spotless inside!!!! Is your distributor secure, 2 10mm bolts?

Sending PM ref the headlight loom

Gavin

sounds bad but what/were is the distributer? is that near the end of the ht leads,,, as i sead im new to engines lol :oops:

distributor is mounted on the right hand top edge of the block, it should be a brownish cap with four black leads coming out round the edge and one going in the middle - you need to make sure this is not loose, if it is your timing will be out and igniting mixture in your manifold as said above. There is also a small black connector fixed to the bottom of the distributor, check this is not loose too.

If the timing is way out then it won't start.

what could it be if its not the distributer? - i also have found a hairline crack in one of the tubes coming of the manifold (exaust) might be old though

just cheacked and ditributer is on tight ---- when i turn the key it trys to start but wont ---- then when i turn the key to off there is a ticking going on just the electrick start on a cooker when you hold the button in ?

ticking noise is your idle stabilisation valve, don't worry about that, it's supposed to do that... 8)

Take the cam belt cover off (big plastic cover on the top left of the engine with 2 clips to hold it on) and then crank her over watching the belt. If the belt isn't turning then you've got a bit of a problem.... :| Let us know if it is this or not... 8)

hi man , i have taken the cover off and the belt is realy slack , also quite old - - have rung a man to change the belt and to do the re-alighning - think she may have sliped a tooth,,,,, im not to shure weather to start her up because the airbox and bits are disatatched so i could get to the belt ----- she doesn't fire up at the mo:( is it ok to try to see if the belt is moveing and if its not does it mean that some damage has been done?

if the belt is slack, then the odds are you HAVE slipped at least one tooth on the cambelt. When you first lost power, that's when it slipped the first couple of teeth, you then slipped some more when you tried to start it again which has caused it not to start anymore. DO NOT TRY AND START THIS ENGINE AGAIN UNTIL YOU HAVE RE-SET THE TIMING!!! The 16V engine IS an interference engine which means that the valves WILL hit the pistons if the timing belt is not on in the correct place doing pretty expensive damage! Get the engine timed up properly with a new belt and tensioner, and then see if you can get her running again... :?

good luck! 8)

A leaking exhaust manifold can do this too. I reckon the crack you have already seen may have something to do with your problem.

Don't know why it won't start though - sorry.

If you have bent some valves, I have a full set in the garage which I'll split up to sort you out. Chances are you won't have done all of them, get a new belt fitted first and see what happens.

Gavin

cheers lads --- i have a man coming round tomorow will keep you posted --- wish me luck [schild=12 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]LUCKY?[/schild]

will it start if it has a couple of bent valves? ----- what do you think the cost would be to get the head of and replace them - work cost i mean?

ps:thanks for being so suportive :) this forum is like a second home lol

no valve bent!!!! runs beter than ever --- have a water pump gone though i think :( must have lost seals when sitting in the cold:(

glad this is sorted now... 8) What makes you think the waterpump's gone though?