Sign in to follow this  
Neverite

drivers side window!!!

for a little while now my drivers window will not work, used to be temperamental.. now just dead!. there is a clicking from the (fit correct technical name here) thingy box in the rear.. but i dont know how to get to it, or even what to look for if i did. anyone had same problem?.

Sounds exactly like the problem I am having with my G60. Have been told that to fix you need to get a new window control unit, available from VW breakers or from someone on here if they have one spare, cost around £15-30,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Neverite, take the passenger door card off and check for voltage at the window's motor. If you have power there, you have a dead motor (not uncommon) If you don't have power, it's either a wiring fault from the control box, or the control box itself at the back as BigEastsideVWG60, says... 8)

Was the window OK prior to winter? Mine was tempremental for 2 years. Used to be OK over spring/summer but as soon as the temperature dropped, the window became progressively slower and sloooowwer and sloooooooowwweerrr. Then it just stopped. Clicking galore behind the rear door card as you say..... the Solution? A new window regulator at the princely sum of £180+VAT from your friendly daylight robber....

That's the worst case scenario. I hope it doesn't come to that but do as the other guys suggest first.....

oh dear... if it did come to that i think id just live without the window lol

but anyway... my fuel system just quit on me :( so ill be leaving the window troubles for now, more important issue at hand.... i love my car lmao