Sign in to follow this  
Riley

ok im officially a corrado owner!

alright guys :D

i ended up buying the g60 :D

ive done a bit of searching but thought id ask a few questions in a newbie raddo owner type of way :-P

1/with a stage 3 (i think,need to check) jabba charger,and a superchip,what would be an average sort of power/torque figure?

2/i thought i saw a thread on how to check the boost? through the mfa? :oops: but cant find it,could someone point me in the right direction?

3/any info on a de-cat pipe,emmisions/power gains?

4/how much are new headlights? and wheres best to get em?

5/anything i can do to avoid future problems with the sunroof which works for now?

thatll be all for now,thanks in advance.

neil. :D

1) I wouldn't imagine you'll gain a HUGE amount of HP over stock but surely something around 170-175BHP should be achieveable?

2) Check out the buyers guide - not sure where its stickied in but its around somewhere - details on getting the boost through the MFA are in there :)

3) I dont think the decat frees up tonnes of power, and basically provided the car is K reg or earlier which your G60 should be, you can decat it. Mine came with it already fitted so I can't say what difference having the cat would make.

4) I don't actually think the stealers are too expensive these days - that or give GPC a call - number on their website @ http://www.gpcvwaudi.com

5) Just keep it well greased up to help prolong life :)

ok thanks m8 :D

ill have another look for the mfa/charger info...

is it the smaller pulley that gives considerably more power rather than stage 3 and the chip?

neil. :)

You need the pulley to provide more boost and a chip to inject the right amount of fuel for the additonal air that is going into the cylinders.

You could run a chip without a pulley but not the other way round.

Raceland had some cheap de-cat pipes. Personally not worth replacing unless the cat is damaged, in which case you could just knock the guts out of it. Which would be free!!

Gavin

Where abouts are you in Lancashire? I live in Newton le Willows. There is a fair turnout at the CGTI meeting near me. 2nd Sunday of the month.

1) I wouldn't imagine you'll gain a HUGE amount of HP over stock but surely something around 170-175BHP should be achieveable?

mine was putting out 177 totaly standard on the rollers at stealth before the chip and pulley so unless there is something wrong you should get more than that

ok ive had a good look through the paper work now,its only a stage 2 rebuild that the chargers had at jabba,theres paperwork for ther chip but nothing for the pulley although the superchip does mention a? pulley as part of the package :?:

h100vw,im in burnley m8,keep meaning to get to the rochdale meets but sommet always crops up...

cheers for the info,would it still pass the emmisions test without the center in the cat?

it is a little rusty and is blowing from around there,will have a propper look when my m8 can get it on his ramp. :D

one thing i just have to say...

the mk1 would eat it,well it would have...:lol:

but thats not the reason i bought it !!!