Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

MANIAL FUEL INJECTION

hi , whats mfi - manial fuel injection all about ? ? do i have a chip? its a k reg 1.988ltr 16v ?

it has been a mystery to me for ages .[schild=19 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]?mfi?[/schild]

does this mean i can get my chip re-maped?

a freind of mine had a corrado - same as mine but hi sead you couldnt chip it - consequently swapet it for a 206 2.0ltr which he wrecked a week later-- "what is the man doing??????!!!!!!!!! and if i can get it remaped -do i need na new chip? and what would the outcome be on the betterside like the power gain?

the 1.8 16V CAN'T be chipped. There is a small ECU there which just controls basic timing, but can't control anything like the ammount of parts needed to be able to "chip" a car...

You can install something like a K-STAR system which will add some facilities onto the K-Jetronic Mechanical Fuel Injection system your car uses, but they're thin on the ground now..

D'oh! yup, I got confused due to the 1.988ltr comment... :oops:

2.0 16V CAN be chipped... no idea how much difference it makes though... :|

think it only smoothes power delivery out and gives no more than 5bhp.Try using the search to see wot comes up