Sign in to follow this  
Craigs8vgti

Ride Height

Hi guys

Been have a look today at 16v 2lt raddo on 94/95 the car look like its on stilts with loads of room between wheel and arches the car on 15s put mine against it and it look real hieght is it me or is this right as ive seen a couple local that look the same 8)

Yeh for a "sports coupe" the standard corrado ride height is silly, get some coilovers in you life my good man

Are coilovers all that's required? How much should I expect to pay? And what make/model do people recommend? And are they expensive to fit?

for the best results you should go for coilovers, prices vary but roughly £500 and up! you can get spring/damper kits for half the price but the results wont be as good. The h&r spring/koni damper combination is considered best by most people with a drop of around 30-40mm 'about right' in terms of handling.

fitting can be expensive, mostly down to the labour. Also worth buying new bumpstops and top mounts as your current ones are likely to be dead. i learnt all this the hard way by buying cheap springs/shocks and being disapointed, and also forgetting to get the top mounts and bumpstops which made things worse! they're only cheap too!! doh....

i have just fitted a set of 17's to my C, they came off another C that was also lowered 40mm, but they rub on mine?!? why? on the drivers rear over a big bump, and the front seems to rub on the plastic mud guards un der the wheel arch?!?

Had 16's before and they were fine?

were they fitted to exactly the same age and type of Corrado? There are differences between VR6 and the others, and early and late models too which may affect wheel fitment...

mmm, might of been off later one i think, was G60 i think, they are leons old ones!!

OT I know, but damn thats a quality avatar.

My name is Borat, like english Barry... classic :)

You'll find that majority of 16 inch wheels are 7 inch wide whereas most 17s are 7.5 inch wide, so if they have the same offset they will stick 0.25 inch further inwards and 0.25 inch further outwards, which means you'll have more chance of them fouling on brakes or suspension on the inside and bodywork on the outside.

EVO mag said the Corrado is one of the best handling front wheel drive cars ever. That was with 15 inch wheels and standard suspension. I bet they wouldn't say the same about your lowered C with 17's and 40 profile tyres. If God had wanted us to put on 17s and slam our Corrados he'd never have given us British roads and speed humps.

The old tyres were bigger in width, 225's on rear and 215's on front, so only diferent bit is about half inch bigger wheel?

So gunna have to flog em it looks like eh? :(