Sign in to follow this  
blackcat

Golf parts

What parts from a mk 2 Golf GTI are compatible with a j reg corrado 16v?

Basically, my other half will be scrapping his GTI soon and I want to know what, if anything, I can scrounge to put in my car?

I need a new alternator, are the golf ones the same?

If your Corrado is a 1.8 and if it's a 16V golf, then the whole engine is the same, only the gearbox (and radiator IIRC) are different between the golf and the Corrado . If it's a 2.0 16V Corrado, then I have no idea if the bits are the same... :|

pretty sure there's not much the same in that case other than the crankshaft... :|

manifold is bigger on the golf too henny! :D :wink: I know you knew that but I got all excited when you forgot to mention it...

only got about 2 replies but someone said depends on model but alternator and starter motor should be ok.

I think I'll listen to the people that actually have corrados though!

manifold is bigger on the golf too henny!

That depends on the age of the Golf... early 16V ones had the same smaller bunch'o'bananananananas that the Corrado had... ;) :-P :lol:

Thanks for the compliment too... 8) :oops: I'm not infallible though... :?

blackcat16v, Yeah, the starter motor is probably compatible, as is the flywheel and probably clutch, but would you really want to fit a second hand clutch?!? I could be wrong about the alternator, but I'm pretty sure the mounting points mean that the 8V one can't be used on a 16V engine. I had to source one for my MKI 16V when I built that and as I had a good 8V alternator kicking around at the time, I can't think of a reason I would have done that if I could have fitted the 8V one... :|

Thanks for your help :D .

Don't really need anything at the moment (apart from alt.) but just thought while I had the opportunity I'd see what I could steal from the golf before it went to the garage in the sky. Nevermind, anyway it means there'll be more for us to sell!! So if anyone's after some golf parts.....