Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

my G60 dont like this heat.

I got 28 on my temp gauge at the moment. I feel that power starts to be reduced once 20 or above is attained.

it goes awful

it sounds chug

my back sticks to the seat.

anybody else suffer like this. incidently i think that taking the cat off n reducing backpressure with the full system doesn't help.

it aint a problem (well not for many days of the year) just a gripe. i know its cos of heat n all that.

you guys with filter where carbon can was. Is that any improvement?

std intercooler is poo int it so thats heat soaked before i even run it. (gonna replace it soon) any one with sprayers on the IC?

How do you get on in warmer climates than sunny manchester?

when i drive my car in the winter (just transporting it to storage) it FLIES.

to try to drop the air charge temps a little in the hot to try to get a little of this cold weather power i have:

taken out the turn signals. cold air through one and through the carbon cannister hole to my air filter. cold air through the other to the intercooler.

i will:

- cut out the wheel liner behind the IC

- put a filter down through the carbon cannister hole directly in the path of the cold air hold through the old turn signal

- eliminate the boost return tube

- run a second intake through the opening created by dropping your rad down ~2"

- rig up ice water sprayers on the IC with a small tank in the back seat that i can dump ice into.. lowG did this and it seemed to work well for him. same principle as spraying washer fluid on the windscreen

My body dont like this heat... its 31 centigrade in our office, and I am stuck in a stifling shirt and tie shifting boxes around. Meltdown!! :|

HEHEHE................stop wingin you lot.

Try working offshore,in a hot module with all your safety gear on and you dont even get to sit outside at lunch time and even enjoy 30 minutes of it .......and to top it off the ice cream machine is bl*$dy broken down. :sunny:

Yeh ha summers here and i am home on thursday to sit outside all day and drink beer.You must be jokin i stay in Scotland :lol:

Sorry to hear about yer motor :shock:

Just had one of our (Marconi) engineers on the phone from a BT site in Slough.

He refused to go in to the exchange & work 'cos the temperature was 42 C !!!

Don't blame him.

Just had one of our (Marconi) engineers on the phone from a BT site in Slough.

He refused to go in to the exchange & work 'cos the temperature was 42 C !!!

Don't blame him.

Jees... 42deg is fatal! :shock: at that ambient temp the human body can't get rid of any excess heat made as you move around so it litterally kills you... :shock:

Our Air-con in the main equipment room at work failed last year and I only found out when it was 38deg... Amazingly all of the computers stayed on and the only things that died were a single HDD and a sky decoder... :?

I've not been into work today, so I dread to think how hot it was in there today... :lol: :roll:

Can't really beleive the 42 degrees myself (was a colleague who spoke to the guy on-site) - cetain bits of kit I know of would die well before they got to 35 degress, let alone 42!!!

As to whether 42 is survivable - I've been in an environmental test chamber at 40 degrees - only for less than a minute - and that wasn't too bad.

Didn't they have temperatures of 51 deg C in India/Pakistan a couple of weeks ago?

Didn't they have temperatures of 51 deg C in India/Pakistan a couple of weeks ago?

Yup, and 420 fatalities because of it! :shock: :?