Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

HID's fitted today :)

Looks very very cool but.. hasn't it come up before that retro fitting HID's is a little illegal? Need to have cleaning jets, and be self levelling or something... you could be screwed at MOT time Daz :(

looks like that makes a huge difference... I guess legality is only a problem if you're not friendly with the nice man at the MOT center. I have seen Guy Hartleys conversion on his Storm and again it makes a massive difference. My h/l aren't too bad (IIRC - has been a long time since I've driven mine) but this is something I'll consider if/when they start getting s1te 8)

looks like that makes a huge difference... I guess legality is only a problem if you're not friendly with the nice man at the MOT center. I have seen Guy Hartleys conversion on his Storm and again it makes a massive difference. My h/l aren't too bad (IIRC - has been a long time since I've driven mine) but this is something I'll consider if/when they start getting s1te 8)

or if you dont know someone like me who could get one sent to you in the post :wink:

Looks very very cool but.. hasn't it come up before that retro fitting HID's is a little illegal? Need to have cleaning jets, and be self levelling or something... you could be screwed at MOT time Daz :(

well jim its funny you should bring this up. one of my friends "also a rallye owner" fitted his kit also but got a bit worried by all the stuff on the net saying about these kits so went down to his mot place to check the legalities etc. The mot tester rigged up his light alignment meter , then aligned them correctlly as if they were standard projectors and gave him the all clear saying he would be totally happy passing them come mot time and see's no problem with any car running projectors as std having retro fit hid's in there place. " remember rallyes have projectors as standard for low beam. :lol: "

ps. Jim i did not fit these to look good. I Fitted then because i felt even with a uprated Headlight loom the standard light were very dangerious as the were just so bad. these are much safer as i can now see. :-P