Sign in to follow this  
Adam858

hidden 4 channel amp?

I want to add a 4 channel amp to my new baby, but is there anywhere to hide one? I use the boot a lot so dont really want it in there, I wondered if anyone has fitted one under the front seats or anywhere else, and if you can reccommend a good but not too expensive 4 channel amp thats small enough? Or a good way of hiding in the boot?

Cheers

Ad

How about behind the passenger side quarter panel. I had one in there in my golf. Screwed to a piece of MDF and siliconed in place to stop vibration.

Gavin

I'm considering this aswell at the mo: as you look at the boot space the rear seats are set at an angle you could make a right angled void at the back of the seats accessible from the rear of the car by folding down the seat. just got to be careful that it is adaquetly vented.

ummm rear quater panel idea very good, anyone know if there's enough space in a corrado? I dont really want to use the boot as I often have the parcel shelf out.

Could have a lot more room up front if that lousey V6 wasn't taking up so much room :D

Trust me guys, you cannot get even a Genesis profile amp (tiny!) behind the rear quarter - Audioscape have tried that on a Corrado already.

You can't get it under the seat if your 6 foot or taller either! I suppose you could put it under the passenger seat and take the height adjustment handle off to stop passengers crushing the amp though.

Attached to the back of the rear seat is the best place really.

I stuck the levelling brackets for my MDF boot floor in with "No nails" .. :lol:

Nice tidy install there slot - my amps & stuff are just screwed to the boot floor . :shock:

Here's where my Genny 4 channel lives at the moment.....

Yeah I know the boot is filthy but I use the boot for carrying logs for the fire :lol:

Blimey, Kev what have you been carrying around in your boot then? It's a disgrace! :wink: :lol:
Last time I saw a boot like that was in the back of a pikey's car .. :lol: :lol:

Blimey, Kev what have you been carrying around in your boot then? It's a disgrace! :wink: :lol:

LOL, she's a work horse mate...... scrubs up nicely when I'm feeling energetic tho :wink:

Mine too, actually. My whole interior could do with a really good clean- outside looks good though- just given it a wash and fitted some new Richbrook VW dust caps 8) Will probably only last 5 minutes though with all the chavs around here!

Upside down, on the ceiling!! plenty of room there... No seriously.

Just don't let it fall off!

LOL, just one small drawback with that idea....heat rises! Crank the volume up and the transistors will fry!