Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

removing passenger door lock barrel

My passenger door cannot be locked by the key outside, though can be by the door locking pin inside. It also doesn't lock by the central locking from the alarm fob... After having the door card almost off (just doesn't seem to come off, I must be missing a screw somewhere) and taking a look at the solenoid, it seems to be ok and the vacuum is working as expected. So I think it must be the lock barrel seized?

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to remove it - I think I'll try putting some lube on it overnight and try to get it working again if thats the cause :)

Oh and as a side note, can someone please tell me how many screws need removed to get the door card fully off - the seals at the top are also trying to crack - do these just work their way out without being attached anywhere?

Thanks for any help :)

Got the one behind the speaker grill?

The lock barrel comes out quite easily. Remove the handle, then there is a 'c' clip that you prise off and then push the barrel through the handle.

It helps to leave the key in the lock so that you don't lose the insides of the barrel.

I just didn't see the one behind the speaker grill no - thanks I'll look that one out. I assume the handle is quite easy to remove too? - I'll do a search for that :)