Sign in to follow this  
Arrow3 VR6

Flaws on U.S. Corrados

Has anyone heard anything about flaws on the U.S. Corrados? If so, do you know what they are..and if they were corrected in certain models? Someone has just told me something about this, and I don't want to make the mistake and buy one with a lot of flaws. Cheers.

You mean like safety recall type flaws? The only one I can find on first quick inspection for US Corrados is the coolant recall -

================================================

Recall

Circular Code: UE

April 1999

Subject: 1992-94 Volkswagen Corrado Vehicles

Equipped With VR6 Engines

Modify Engine Coolant System

Dear Volkswagen Dealer:

This is to inform you of a voluntary safety recall campaign involving 1992-94 model year Volkswagen

Corrado vehicles equipped with VR6 engines. This recall involves modification of the engine coolant

system.

The vehicles affected by this recall are within the following vehicle identification number

range:

WVWEF450_NK000001 - WVWEF450_RK003774

================================================

Or just general points to look out for? Like breaking sunroofs etc.

If the former then a quick call to VW (USA) customer service should tell you whether a particular car has had its safety recalls done.

I don't honestly know what they were referring to. I think saftey type things yes. Thanks for the helpful information and I'll try to do more research on this on my own as well. Cheers.

apparently on a general note

US cars have crap headlights

They get different clocks to us. think they do 140

they get a rear eye level brake light.

side repeatrs in the bumper

2.8 instead of 2.9

stupid, stupid seatbelt doodahs

the wheel is on the wrong side

"the wheel is on the wrong side"

hahahaha.

But those things aren't safety issues...just minor physical appearance differences.

"US cars have crap headlights" that's a safety issue!! they ssssuuuuck! :x

in canada we have regular seatbelts or 'euro' as some people call them since the 'euro' corrados had regular seatbelts.. we also have the shelves instead of those dumbass kneebars.

Haha, I'll replace them then :) Does anyone also know where you can purchase the Euro Altezza style tail lights/headlights, or just tail lights/headlights other than the stock ones, online for Corrados? I wanted to get some Euro style ones, but was having a really hard time finding them. Any recommendations on best looking head/tail lights??? Cheers 8)

i like the euro spec corrado headlights or the rallye golf headlights.

for taillights, in pros look ok on the right colour of car. i personally haven't found taillights that i feel are 'spot on' so i haven't bought any. picked up a set of stock tails for $10 US on friday, just need to decide whether to paint the orange bit black or red and they're goin on. 8)