Sign in to follow this  
goodridge

N-reg Golf Rallye

Anyone else get this e-mail from Harry at supergolfs?

The worlds only 'N' registration Rallye Golf. First registered in November 1995. Probably the last Rallye ever made. In gloss black totally original and unmodified. SE spec including climatronic (automatic airconditioning and full electrics). Only 56k miles from new. Price is £7495GBP further details and pictures are on formal request only. Please call 07808 770574.

Could this really have been layed up un-registered for 5 odd years?!

we have had a red s-plate one into the workshop too..knowone really seems to know why its on a s-plate either ..

If you import a car it's given a registration "suitable for it's original year of manufacture". (Assuming year of manufacture can be figured out.) Usually this is worked out based on it's year of registration abroad (wherever it came from).

So it's unlikely this is the case here. This car must have been kept off the road and simply never registered until '95.

If a car is reshelled in Germany it assumes the year it was reshelled. ALL Rallyes were built in 1989. In the UK at import it would be given an age related plate based on the date of first registration OR the date of manufacture if that isn't known.

VW can find out the date of manufacture based on the chassis number if there is any doubt.

I'd want to see all the paperwork before paying over the top, for the LAST ever Rallye.

Having said that, assuming it's mint then I don't consider 7500 too much.

Gavin

its all about what year you declare the car manufactured, I own a german rado, imported to the the uk and then exported to spain. but i know mines a 92 from the german log book, and the old V5 stated delcared man' 92