Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

Whats up with my full closure alarm..

I've recently bought a '92 VR6 and am just in the process of sorting out all the 'teething' problems :wink:

The car has a full closure alarm - I feel pretty stupid as I can't for the life of me remember the model. I will check tonight an post again. :oops:

The problem is that when you press the button to arm it it will close the central locking, then close the passenger side window. If the drivers side window is open it will just leave it open. However if you then disarm the car and then re-arm it again it will close the driver side window !?

The sunroof is broken, closed but just slightly ajar until I can replace the cable and guides. I guess it should try to close that too. Could that be part of the cause?

I really am pretty much a numpty when it comes to electric but was just wondering if theres something simple I should be checking?

Thanks!

The sunroof closes at the same time as the passenger window, so I assume it wouldn't affect the driver's side if it was broken.

The 'full closure' is a Corrado feature - it is not part of the 3rd party alarm - so it is more than likely that a part of the full closure system is a little confused... or maybe the alarm isn't wired up to the full-closure system correctly?

If you turn and hold the key in the lock position on the driver's door - the full closure will start - does the driver's side close when you do it this way?

If yes - possible alarm-to-closure-unit wiring fault.

If no, closure-unit fault.

Hope that helps! :?

If you turn and hold the key in the lock position on the driver's door - the full closure will start -

Hey - you learn something every day! These cars just get better and better :) I will check tonight..

If you turn and hold the key in the lock position on the driver's door - the full closure will start - does the driver's side close when you do it this way?

If yes - possible alarm-to-closure-unit wiring fault.

If no, closure-unit fault.

Hope that helps! :?

Thanks Andi - I have checked and the full closure system does work fine with the key. The passenger side closes first, then the drivers side. Im sure theres a reason for that but god knows what :wink:

The alarm is a MicroScan Compact 200. I don't fancy playing around with it so I think I'll live with it. It seems to be just as quick to close the windows before leaving the car as to use the closure system :cry:

The passenger side closes first, then the drivers side. Im sure theres a reason for that but god knows what :wink:

I think it is to reduce the power drawn. Basically if you close/open both windows at once you are pulling a whole shed load of current through the relay which would make it (and the wiring) have to be heavier duty, heavier in general, and (most likely reason) more expensive! :roll: :lol:

Dunno if this is the real reason, but it wouldn't suprise me with VW, over-engineer some bits and then skimp on really rather random other bits... :?

The passenger side closes first, then the drivers side. Im sure theres a reason for that but god knows what :wink:

I think it is to reduce the power drawn. Basically if you close/open both windows at once you are pulling a whole shed load of current through the relay which would make it (and the wiring) have to be heavier duty, heavier in general, and (most likely reason) more expensive! :roll: :lol:

Dunno if this is the real reason, but it wouldn't suprise me with VW, over-engineer some bits and then skimp on really rather random other bits... :?

Yep.. some wonderful toys on the Corrado, but why the heck did they forget to include a 'lights on buzzer' when you get out of the car. That caught me out about three times in one year, resulting in flat batteries and jumpstarts :(

Got to say that I left my lights on for about 6 hours and came back to the car expecting eff-all and it started first time :shock:

I said last time that as you never get to see your car because your driving it that when ever your park up and get out just take a look back at your beast, you can then make sure that lights are off and that everything looks secure and how nice and clean the car looks.

Then you wont have a need for a lights on buzzer except in your head!! :lol: