Sign in to follow this  
retrodal

Lights are rubbish

Now owned my Corrado for 2 weeks. Aren't the lights cr@p!!!????

Seen some bright white bulbs on EBAY. Anyone bought them? do they add brightness with standard loom or do I need to think about the upgrade in headlight loom.

Any tips on where best to get the from and cost would be great. Is the loom easy to fit??

retrodal

Give H100VW a pm and he can sell you an uprated loom. It's the first mod for any new Corrado owner. The bulbs are fine. The std loom uses a switch rather than a relay and as a result the bulb will get about 2v less than it should. I've got one and my lights are much better now. Also, use the search function as this has come up 00's of times :)

i had PIAA extreme white bulbs (£48 each !!) and it was still crap, bought a loom off gavin and it totally transformed the car , not cheap but really well made , although i altered mine very slightly

the lights are now white , not yellow

wait til it starts raining :-) then you'll need the lupo wipers !

something like.. the original loom feeds the lights with 9v new loom 12v

I had the uprated loom but you would not beleive there difference OSRAM silverstar bulbs and new lenses make! - and I already had superbright bulbs in there...

sticking in brighter bulbs won't help unless you've uprated the wiring loom... As Neil says, PM Gavin (H100VW) about a loom and you'll be amazed by the difference it makes! 8)

The loom is a doddle to fit and should take less than 30 mins...

I'll lock this thread up seeing as this has been discussed lots in other threads... 8)