Sign in to follow this  
fla

removing driver side wing

My drivers side door rubs the door strips when its fully open. Thinking of sliding the wing forward to alleviate this. Two things - is this the best way and if so how do you loosen the wing? If not, what would be better?

Thanks all.

dunno if it's the best way to adjust it to be honest... you'd have to ask someone in a body shop to have a look and give you an opinion on why it's catching.... :|

Anyway, the wing is bolted on by a load of bolts in the engine bay (along where the bonnet fits into the wing), 3 bolts down the door edge of the wing (2 in the wheel arch, one inside the door shut above the hinge) and then there's another bolt at the front which holds it to the lower part of the slam panel.

Fla,

Probably not the best way to do it. The wing is held on very tight with sealant. If its anything like my one...you'll buckle it at the hinge side. I was renewing the wing so it didn't matter.

See what the gap is like down each side of the door, it could be its dropped slightly and catching the wing. The hinge pins could be worn - open the door and try and move it vertically, see if there is any play. If there is then a set of hinge pins is in order!