Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

oil catch tank

Hi there mate.

Normal configuration of piping etc on catch tanks for G60 should be as follows AFAIK. One pipe connects the ISV to one of the outlets on the tank, another connects the breather on top of the cam cover to the second outlet of the tank. Finally this should leave one outlet free on the catch tank to which you should attach a small breather filter e.g Green Cotton, K+N, Pipercross etc. I have attached a pic of a G60 engine bay showing the catch tank in place with the two pipes connected. I believe that Pitstop Developments sell these catch tanks as do All Smiles Automotive Technology for between £85-£100. I have also attached pics of these catch tank examples.

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

hello ,

in my opinion you would be far more benifitial using a catch tank with just one inlet for the breather from the rocker cover and then use a k@n on the isv this helps keep everything alot cleaner inside and out side your engine. The only time i would ever consider a catch tank with twin inlets are when you are running a converted cherger bracket/bottom end breather. :wink:

note : we do not have any stock of these for 2 weeks if you should still be needing one at tht time please dont hesitate to give us a shout.

Could you not just blank off the extra inlet??? As it seems there are limited single inlet catch tanks other than g-mans. I've been eyeing up some of the chrome ones for some time now!

Watch out for postage costs on the oil tanks on ebay, as most arnt being shipped from the uk. Like the one shown at the top is being sent from the states!

(500 posts, get in there!)

just be cheap, and use a fairy liquid bottle, does the job (but you have to wait for the fairy to be used up) hide it in the corner by the suspension strut, if your bothered about seeing it,

1 bottle, 1 breather filter, pipe going into the middle of the bottle