Sign in to follow this  
the_croft

G60 supercharger leak

Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone knew how myuch my cars performance will be affected by a small external leak on the supercharger. the car has had induction kit stager 4 chip and charger + pully all done by Jabbasport before i brought the car.

main reason for asking is i had a race with a focus Rs the other day, people i know say there is no way that the g60 would beat it, but i just edged it ahead of him 120 on a small bend and he couldnt pass me, i imagine if i could have he would?????? but then i bottled it and so did he.

Thanks

You'd think they'd do it out of goodwill if its not due for a rebuild again yet, they obviuosly couldn't give a st1te about G60's anymore...

Get it down to Gwerks mate to be fixed properly.

They dont seem to care about G60's at all. i asked if i could make it faster and the guy said there is nothing more i can really do to it.

my mate went in the other day and got his skoda fabia rs chipped and they treated him like royalty.....

a few years ago they were really helpful and friendly but now dont seem to care.

only thing with then is they are just down the road from me and g-works is about 200 miles away.....

G-Werks will take around a week - send it to them on Monday & you should have it back on Friday. :wink:

If you have a smaller than standard pulley, the charger will be relatively easy to remove. When you start to remove the charger, you'll see what I mean.

only thing with then is they are just down the road from me and g-works is about 200 miles away.....

Thats not a lot of miles man, i sent my charger down to darren to get done and hes been a top boy about everything. Once i get the thing rolling i would really like to drive it down and get him to give it the once over but drivin to his place from scotland might no be fun. I'd say fill her up and get to G-werks loon, your car will love you for it

Thanks everyone for your help, i think ill give g-works a call when i get paid.

any ideas on how much power i wouild be loosing and if that rs could have beaten me?

the_croft, what exactly do you mean by a "small leak on the supercharger" ?

Is it air leaking out of the casing or the boost pipe or is it oil leaking out ?

its oil leaking, only a tiny bit over time though.

Jabbasport said £85 to get it fixed.

gonna try sell the car as is but if i have to get it done i will do when i get paid.

insurance is just too much for me.

Check the banjo unions on the oil feed pipe & oil return pipe. These can be quite fragile, especially if they're overtightened. It'll be a cheap repair if it's just one of those leaking.