Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Calibra side skirts

Whats the script with these then? Do they fit stright on or is the cutting and pissing about involved, also is the standard ones were dealing with here or aftermarket ones and anyone know how much were talkin for a pair

Cheers

Ross

Whats the script with these then? Do they fit stright on or is the cutting and p***ing about involved, also is the standard ones were dealing with here or aftermarket ones and anyone know how much were talkin for a pair

Cheers

Ross

yeah i think you should fit a set ross then your corrado can look like a 80's throback too. why ruin the smooth lines of the corrado buy fitting some crap plastic strips down the side of it :roll: i think brian needs to have a word with you ross. :wink: :wink:

Hey steady man, was merely a question, besides ive just created a G60 with a student bank account if there was any loot to be lobbed around i think i could find some other things to lob it at like an RSR outlet with a wee discount eh dazzer :D

I fitted a pair to my old corrado, they do need shortening, not a very hard job to fit for someone practically minded

Would'nt do it again thou, cause my styling views have changed since then, and it dose require holes being drilled in the sills, which is not good

If you do decide to fit some, dont buy brand new, plenty of breakers will have sets

And when you fit them make sure you use undersill on the holes drilled in the sills, and coat the screws with it aswell

I was thinking of sticking some of the MK2 black vinyl sill protectors on (the black tape stuff) as the paint seems to wear off the sills quite easily on Cs.....would prob look naff though so never looked into it.

Not sure about Calibra sills though..... there aren't many sills around that suit the C imo.

Not sure about Calibra sills though..... there aren't many sills around that suit the C imo.

This is true but i rekon it needs it, when you look at it from the front it looks low and generaly hard/beautiful but when you come round the side it doesnt follow the same lines. Mk 2 golf do the same but i dont think they would suit skirts

Yeah I agree, especially when you've got an RS4 type bumper on....the side looks kind of too plain. The trouble with the C is it's a car that's very well balanced in the looks department (imo) and you have to be careful what you do to the bodywork....imo 8)

Yeah I agree, especially when you've got an RS4 type bumper on....the side looks kind of too plain. The trouble with the C is it's a car that's very well balanced in the looks department (imo) and you have to be careful what you do to the bodywork....imo 8)

Also very true, a beautiful car that you wouldnt want to spoil, tricky really