Sign in to follow this  
Flo

Small but annoying alarm problem!

Mechanics yes. Electrics, haven't got a Danny la Rue.

Would love a bit of advice. My '94 VR has got a VAG 5000 (Actually made by scorpion) fitted from the dealer, with full closure etc.

As from today, the O/S indicators have given up flashing when i unlock the car. However, whenever I use the indicators during driving, whether it be to turn or to use my hazards, they are absolutely fine. And strangely when I lock the car using the fob, they all flash fine.

Its only when i unlock the car afterwards they stop working on the O/S and subsequently stop working when i lock after that!!! but if i turn the car on, and then off again, they suddenly start working when i lock the car! and then when i unlock, they give up again...etc....

Its not causing me any problems at the moment, but arrrggghhh, how annoying. and even worse, I have no idea where to start. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

no idea.... you'd have to find the main unit and open it up to see if it's a standard relay or not... :|

Sorry if im hijacking this thread but no-one's posted in a while, so i might as well post.

My problem is that when i lock and unlock the car using the remote c/l alarm key fob only the passenger side indicators flash. The drivers side do not flash at all. This occurs on both locking and unlocking. However when driving, all indicators work correctly as do the hazards. The key fob tells me it is a laserline alarm.

Where do i start?

Cheers

The signal wire from the alarm wasn't wired into the hazard switch properly by the sounds of it. IIRC there are 2 circuits for the hazards, left and right. Sounds like they only wired into the left side.

If it's only just stopped working, I'd check the wiring on the hazards....you should see where they're attached when you drop the column cowling.

or maybe a blown fuse on the indicator supply from the alarm, they sometimes get damp if the fuse holder is not sealed and the fuse fillament corrodes away

the fuse should be in the loom leading from the alarm, thats if it is fused.

the ones on the scorpion alarm that was on mine when i bought it where on top of the offside suspension tower under the bonnet (until i ripped that one out and fitted a decent alarm) :)

ok, last sunday i looked at the hazard circuitry but couldnt see any extra wiring so i didnt go fiddling with it at all as it was getting dark.

Then last night I went home from work and tried out the extra readings you can get from the MFA (by holding the switch and turning the key). So after a while reading these settings etc etc..i decided to go indoors. So i got out and locked my car using the key fob! but then as i walked away i realised i saw the drivers indicator flashing!

It seems after i played with the MFA and its extra settings the alarm now works on all 6 indicators and not on 3 as before!!!

Could the MFA have reset some circuitry or something????

Could the MFA have reset some circuitry or something????

In a word 'no'. You may have disturbed something while looking at the hazard wiring.