bristolbaron

G60.. what's it worth?.. Now Bristolbarons Gallery!

congrats on getting your 1st trophy over the weekend, without your show wheels ;)

Cheers mate, still got along way to go before challenging your place though. 8)

congrats on getting your 1st trophy over the weekend, without your show wheels ;)

Cheers mate, still got along way to go before challenging your place though. 8)

people with the nicest cars, say the nicest things!

Well done mate, where was that...I've been a little disconnected recently, I've had my head stuck under the bonnet! :oops:

The show was MIVW in Holland. We drove up on the friday, getting the ferry at 12pm. The afternoon was a killer. Stop start in traffic all the way through Belgium. Once we were through the worst of it, there were some decent roads for testing top speed of the car. I was happy! :lol:

Saturday morning we cleaned the cars off before heading into Amsterdam. Learnt valuable lesson - Don't take Furk'z to a coffeshop unless you have plenty of snacks. :icecream: the icecream was gooood. no wotsits though.

Sunday was a scorcher. Didn't know what to expect from the show, and it seemed very slow to start. Where a UK show seems to be up and running by 10am, people were still turning up through out the afternoon.

It was good because it kept me entertained throughout the day, as there was always something new to see.

Entry to the show and shine finished at 1pm. At 12.50 Furk'z asked if I'd entered, which i hadn't. He persuaded me too and i got 3rd place, behind him and Sukh's VR6 Turbo.. Both awesome cars, and inspiration for me to take mine further.

All in all a brilliant weekend, for fun factor as good as Worthersee.. the driving experience was great, which is now making me think i'm gonna have to drive to Austria next year.

7 weeks to E38 and counting...

well done baz...

Cheers mate, hopefully be seeing yours out there next year?

people with the nicest cars, say the nicest things!

PMSL!

Looking very nice, congrats on the trophy, deserves it from when i saw this car, its lovely...

a ton of ice cream later, totally forgot about the show, thanks to bob for making sure we didnt miss it ;)

is it time yet baron to post up "that" pic

you is lucky i cant find it at the mo

well done baz...

yes defo will be taking it next year.. car was off the road wk upto MIVW so didnt fancy taking it incase it broke down :lol:

well done baz...

yes defo will be taking it next year.. car was off the road wk upto MIVW so didnt fancy taking it incase it broke down :lol:

Cool, always better to be safe. cant believe i made it there and back with no probs! the Lux was rocking anyway!

a ton of ice cream later, totally forgot about the show, thanks to bob for making sure we didnt miss it ;)

is it time yet baron to post up "that" pic

you is lucky i cant find it at the mo

haha.. what a wake up! dont know if the forum is ready for it!

Looking very nice, congrats on the trophy, deserves it from when i saw this car, its lovely...

Cheers bud.. just need to get the next stage moving now!

hey Andy,

things arn't looking so great this end at the moment.. my wheels still arnt back from refurb as i wasnt happy with the job first time round.

also, i blew my charger a couple of weeks ago! its down in littlehampton with the surgeon at the moment :lol:

would be good to see you at the bristol meet soon though!

Long time since an update.. not much going on.. most of the cars in the house whilst i sorted a water leak. Gonna take even more apart soon..

Just dont when its all gonna go back together.

New winter wheels..

21112007004ep4.jpg

Where can you buy these rear lights from? Can't seem to find them anywhere :?

You cant! They're the M3 style which i tinted the clear sections of. I did another set after as these didnt come out quite as clear as i wanted.

had a set of them once... NICE 8)

Funnily i remembered yours when i was getting them refurbished as i was going to do them in anthracite.. i thought that you had done yours anthracite as well as the RC's so phoned the guy in a panic telling him to do them plain silver!

Any updates yet Baz?

Accept you got the Pods I wanted :p Cant believe I missed them by about 5 minutes!

Have you found another interior yet?

It's been ages since i've updated this thread as to whats going on with the car.. Mainly because nothing has been going on!

I've bought a house, changed jobs and got married so car stuff hasn't been a priority and the Rado has been sat in a garage.

The basic update is the wheels have gone, the Recaros have gone and replacements have been bought but not fitted.

I've got some archwork to do, some paintwork to do and some engine work to do.

I bought a 2nd G60 last week as it has a Rallye FMIC, so this is going to be transferred over and then the new one will be used for daily duties.

The plan is to have the original back on the road in April, in time for Worthersee early May.. Lets see if it happens..

dsc00181f.jpg

i think i killed the other one at UD's :D

cant wait to see this finished...

yeah poor thing!.. not really gonna update this again until the cars back on the road properly.. spent a lot in 2010 getting it ready for next year.

still have a fair bit to do, but on the home straight to getting it back out again.

have an 8v daily to keep me going, but bought a 1.8t a3 quattro yesterday to replace that for a while.

update around ultimate dubs this year would be nice, but im not rushing!

Furkz - book time off for MIVW, you might get to drive the G60 if we're lucky!

What are you doing to your G then at the mo dude? It's been a while!!

Iirc it was pretty damn nice before anyway lol.

So further to the above post, I'm still at a 'getting the car ready' stage..

Last year what started off as a small job swapping the intercooler for the larger G60 front mount from the other G60 I bought turned into a complete nightmare.

The swap itself was pretty trouble free but at the same time I fitted a set of Samco hoses. The first issue was having two hoses leftover that didn't seem to fit anywhere!

The next problem was the engine overheating when driving, Nothing cured it..

Removed the thermostat - Still there.

Fitted a new radiator - Still there.

Fitted a new water pump - Still there.

The head had been tested and was fine, so no gasket problems.. This left one possible option - leave the car in the garage and forget about it!

I spoke with Darren at G-werks one evening and he said to check the bypass valve on the hoses going to and from the heater matrix. These apparently go all the time and fitting Samco hoses deletes the valve. SO THAT'S WHERE THE SPARE HOSES GO!!! Fiddly job to change them, but only left 1 inch long scar!

My next problem was that the car was now SORN'd again so I haven't been able to check the car on the move. It sits comfortably at 90 degrees when stationary, but that was the case before. I also sold the wheels from it, so it couldn't go anywhere if I wanted it to. I've fitted another set of 'storage' wheels today and will get the car taxed 1st March. All being well it should be running okay again in a couple of weeks.

Edited by bristolbaron

Well after a conversation at ultimate dubs last night the Corrado's going to be going up for sale.

Still not quite sure of how it's all going to happen.. Whether to take it back to near standard and sell parts separate, or if it goes complete. Will be going up to the garage tomorrow to work things out and then putting up a for sale thread.