Sign in to follow this  
matthew_harwood

1.8 16v no start

Hi all I'm new to this forum but really need some help, My K reg corrado was having running problems. It would run like it was running on 3 then after gunning it it would clear, then the other day it died totally on a slip road theres no spark or fuel. So far I've changed the ignition module, hall sender and the coil but to no avail.

Please can anybody help as i really need my car LOL.

thanks in advance

mat

The ECU would stop it running.

With no output to the coil, you'd have no spark, the ECU also switches the fuel pump relay which will stop the fuel pump. The pump would still prime when first turning the key, that would prove the relay and the pump itself.

How have you checked for a spark?

Check for a monster airleak, that would stop you getting fuel. Although it may fire for a couple of seconds on the cold start injector.

Gavin

I've checked for a spark and no joy, Ive managed to get hold of another ecu so am gonna try that one later. the car has a clifford falcon 2 alarm fitted so if the ecu doesnt fix then this is gonna be my next point of call unless you guys have any other ideas. thanks for the advice so far

regards

mat

Most fitters would cut the starter motor feed and the fuel pump. If it turns over then the scource of the problem is unlikely to be the Immob.

I blew an ECU on my 2 litre Passat in January. Backed out of a slot at work and it just stopped dead? Tried coil dissy relays etc as I had never personally come across an ECU failing, lo and behold...............

Although, a mate had one go on his mk2 16V a couple of years ago.

Gavin