Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

Uprated Springs for VR6...

About to order my H&R springs to go with my Koni TA's(already fitted with standard springs).Wheres the cheapest place to get these? Should i also replace bumpstops & sus. tops? What kind of price to get these fitted at garage?

Defo front top mounts and rear bump stops (get these from GSF, they sell rubber ones that don't fall apart like the originals but remember to trim the 30mm off them before fitting!)

H&R's can be got from a place called motorsportwheels I think...

Anyone out there who's fitted H&R's with Koni TA's? My car is 1994 "M" VR6 - I've been told i'll need the old type top mount plates to take the H&R's springs. Is this correct, and anything else i should replace(2 bump stops for rear) when changing to these springs? :|

Think that's because they're made for the standard suspension travel, the normal limit of which is close to the lowered height so effectively always on the bump stops. Had a mk1 Golf which someone hadn't cut the front bump stops down. May aswell have replaced the suspension with scaffolding poles.

Yes you need the early spring top hat for the H&Rs and yes to new BS's and TM's. Use MK4 front bumpstops and standard rear ones cut down the lowering length.

As mentioned a 100 times, the rear bumpstops are NOT bumpstops, they are spring assistors and ridden on permanently, that is why you have to cut them down.

So if i ask VW for Golf MK4 front bump stops will they need to know which model - or do all MK4 models use the same type i.e. different springs for different models?