Sign in to follow this  
ANDY16V

Caked on dirt under o/s rear wheel arch upto fuel cap!

I've been cleaning my car today, got to the wheel arches and found caked on dirt right upto the underside of the fuel cap, it seemed like a skip full :oops: only to reveal a drain hose, looked in the bentley manual and it lists one behind the bumper which you have to remove to gain access which is supposed to lead from the sunroof is this the one i've found? incidently it was jammed with about an inch of dirt which i removed , do these drain hoses work ?

thanks in advance guys!!

Yeah, I'd advise every one to have a good clean under there if they havn't - the bit coming off the black filler surround is just an overflow...

Just unblocked the drainhose- and all the water slowly disapeared thru the hole in the bottom of the rubber surround, but i noticed another hole in the rubber surround on the left what does this drain then?

Cheers for all the help guys, one other thing- i'm thinkin of giving my c a reet good clean down, especially the underside, is it advisable to do this with a jetwasher and will it be ok to do right up behind the filler cap? is water likley to ingress somewhere? also i'm gona inspect the underside for any cracked underseal, if i find any what do i do- remove the loose stuff and replace with the same or something different?

thanks Andy :thumbleft: